network

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Luke

Luke
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:49 PM

If there is another post about this that I didnt see, feel free to just direct me to it. Thanks! 

So I am using v680 of the Barracuda SSL VPN. I have this setup on Hypervisor and everything is looking good. I shut down the virtual machine to add another virtual network and connected it to a secondary network. The problem im getting is that I dont really see any documentation on where to configure this secondary network card. Also in the settings i see a message saying "Warning: 'eth1' does not seem to be connected. Please double check before configuring the 'eth1' interface."  

Any thoughts on this would be highly appreciative. Also this is on the Demo in case that affects anything. Thanks!

#2 Gavin Chappell

Gavin Chappell
  • Moderators
  • 441 posts
  • LocationNottingham, UK

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:05 AM

Hi Luke

I've got a Vx480 as a test box in the office, which I could put 4 NICs onto with "no problems" (there is an issue with Network Connector, but I was able to configure the NICs on the appliance UI successfully).

It sounds like you were on the right screen to configure the secondary NIC, if you had the warning saying "eth1 isn't connected". There should have been some text boxes on that screen under "Additional IPs". TCP/IP configuration #2 refers to the second NIC.

#3 Luke

Luke
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:54 AM

Oh wow, ok. Yeah I actually meant to mention the Additional IPs in the post, and ask whether this was where I add the IP for the second nic. For some reason this sounded as if you could add an additional IP to the first Nic since it says additional. 

#4 Chris Dakin

Chris Dakin
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:45 AM

Hi,

The thing you were thinking is also possible, but that's in Advanced>Networking>Multiple IP Address Configuration.

Sorry about the confusion with the Additional IPs though but hopefully you have what you need now?

Chris.

#5 Luke

Luke
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:32 PM

Yeah I think we are on the same page! Thanks a lot Chris.