Photo

Restore Backup File 6.0.1.006

restore backup 410

Best Answer Michael DeCarlo, 13 March 2015 - 02:26 PM

What I have tried so far is taking the backup file (.bak), renaming it with the new serial number, then browsing to that file and clicking upload. Nothing really happens. So I'm guessing its not compatible.

Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Michael DeCarlo

Michael DeCarlo
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:59 PM

I have a barracuda that was just replaced and the backup files that were on the old unit were created on firmware version 6.0.1.006. The current replacement Barracuda web filter unit we recieved is on firmware version 6.0.1.012. Is there any way that I can restore the configuration and then upgrade to the newest firmware. I am using a barracu web filter 410.

#2 rsimmers

rsimmers
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:19 PM

I am not 100% sure but it sounds like to me that the firmware's are close enough that it would work.   I would give it a try.  If the box comes up with errors you can always choose the recovery option from the local console and reimage

#3 Michael DeCarlo

Michael DeCarlo
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 02:26 PM   Best Answer

What I have tried so far is taking the backup file (.bak), renaming it with the new serial number, then browsing to that file and clicking upload. Nothing really happens. So I'm guessing its not compatible.