• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Casey Moore

Casey Moore
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:56 AM

Hello everyone,

I started using Tagline/footer for all my outbound email. I don't think it's working correctly. Correct me if I'm wrong. I have everything typed in the box. I have the check box checked. If you are the first person to email something. It does apply it. But let's say a client xxx@custom.com sent an email to yyy@move.com. And yyy@move.com replay's to the email that sent from xxx@custom.com (yyy@move.com has the tagline/footer). After the email is sent. It doesn't apply the tagline/footer. But if yyy@move.com where to email xxx@custom.com first. It does add it. Any ideas? 

#2 Michelle Exner

Michelle Exner

BSF / BESS Moderator

• Moderators
  • 397 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:26 PM

The Barracuda Email Security Service adds your footer to outbound mail that is relayed through the service to a domain that is NOT on our service.

If your mail server sends mail to our service and it if is going to a domain not on our servie it is seen as outbound mail so the footer will be added.

If however you send mail to another domain that is on our service it will be seen as inbound mail so the footer will not be added.

If it is critical that all your outbound mail have a footer it is recommended that you add the footer at your network or mail server.

Again mail is considered outbound if it is going to a domain not filtered by our service.

Michelle Exner
Product Lead Support Engineer
Barracuda Email Security
(408) 342-5300

#3 Casey Moore

Casey Moore
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:52 AM

I believe I under standing what your saying. So if you basically if we send an email to a different domain. And that domain is using one of your email firewalls or ESS. The footer won't be added. Is that correct?

#4 Michelle Exner

Michelle Exner

BSF / BESS Moderator

• Moderators
  • 397 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:07 PM

Yes that would be correct. It is seen as inbound mail so the footer would not be added by the system

Michelle Exner
Product Lead Support Engineer
Barracuda Email Security
(408) 342-5300