Photo

General release firmware 7.0.0.004

firmware

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Systeembeheer

Systeembeheer
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 02:34 AM

Hi,

Since 31-3-2015 the new GA firmware version 7.0.0.004 is out. Are there users who updated there Barracuda Spam Firewalls and what are the impressions/experiences?

Regards,

Wilco Leistra

#2 rsimmers

rsimmers
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:38 AM

I upgraded yesterday and everything went smooth and I haven't noticed any problem since the upgrade.  

#3 Systeembeheer

Systeembeheer
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:42 AM

We updated our first cluster today and haven't noticed any problems so far. The front end is a little different, but works ok. So far so good.

#4 rca

rca
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 02:04 PM

Upgraded from 7.0.0.002 to 7.0.0.004 earlier this week on a clustered pair of 400's.  No problems we've noticed.

#5 Kevin Goebel

Kevin Goebel
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:35 PM

I'm experiencing occasional freezes with 7.0.004 when saving bulk content filter changes. It has locked up on me a few times, and I have to kill my browser with Task Manager. A few other times I get a Barracuda "temporarily unavailable" screen message and need to log back in. I'm using Win7 32-bit and IE 9 to access the Barracuda. I do have a very large amount of custom filters - I'm currently working on eliminating old filters.

A couple of times a typo in a custom filter || (double pipe in an expression). The Barracuda used to pop the bulk edit window open and have an error message. Now it dosn't reopen and show a warning message to me.

#6 Michael Manning

Michael Manning
  • Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:45 AM

I updated our last week. So far so good. Can't say I am in love with the new look, but at least it matches my other devices now.