Photo

Cudatel 370B/470B send/receive faxing doesn't always work.

fax pri

Best Answer John, 21 May 2015 - 11:06 AM

Finally got a hold of a ATT tech who knew his stuff.... He had to make changes on the ATT CO switch. I guess if you are having issues with faxing and have PRI lines, get your ATT tech on the line and have them look at their settings on their switches. It's also helpful if you can get a Barracuda rep on the phone too while talking to your ATT rep.

Thanks Nate!

John

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 John

John
  • Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:15 PM

Does anyone use their Cudatel devices for faxing?

I've noticed that faxing doesn't always work on our 4 Cudatels. Also, I noticed that the web gui doesn't agree with Internet Explorer 11 when trying to send a fax. Most of the time the fields get cleared out and you have to re-enter the information and attach the pdf again.

#2 Bryan

Bryan
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:32 PM

I can't speak for Internet Explorer 11 (we primarily use Chrome with no field issues) but we do have problems sending/receiving faxes. Most of the orders for our business are come in through, and are replied to, via fax. It usually works, but sometimes it has problems. When a fax does fail though, I have been able to call in to Barracuda tech support and they can usually tell me why. I do wish the Cudatel would at least have an error code I can see, or some sort of indication other than "Failed" when it doesn't work so I don't have to call in. It's almost as if the fax side was an afterthought. 

#3 Carolyn

Carolyn
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 05:39 PM

I have found that most all functions on the 370/470b work best in Chrome or Firefox. I do use faxing and it seems to work just fine for my mid level volume office. I use it with a PRI and SIP. There were a couple of issues that I worked through based on whether to use T38 reinvite or not but I worked through those with the support department. 

#4 Nathan Timperley

Nathan Timperley
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:28 AM

John,

If you have a reproducible issue with faxing in IE can you please send me the steps to reproduce it, so I can get a bug filed?  

#5 John

John
  • Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 05 May 2015 - 02:47 PM

John,

If you have a reproducible issue with faxing in IE can you please send me the steps to reproduce it, so I can get a bug filed?  

Try sending a fax in IE. Once you fill out the form, click the upload pdf button. It should clear out the form.

#6 Nathan Timperley

Nathan Timperley
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:24 PM

I confirmed this as an IE UI bug, reproducible across several systems, and filed a bug on it.  I don't think it made the deadline for the forthcoming 3.0.006 firmware release but hopefully we'll see it addressed in 3.0.007.

#7 John

John
  • Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:06 AM   Best Answer

Finally got a hold of a ATT tech who knew his stuff.... He had to make changes on the ATT CO switch. I guess if you are having issues with faxing and have PRI lines, get your ATT tech on the line and have them look at their settings on their switches. It's also helpful if you can get a Barracuda rep on the phone too while talking to your ATT rep.

Thanks Nate!

John

#8 Nathan Timperley

Nathan Timperley
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:08 AM

It was a great experience to work with such a knowledgeable person from AT&T.  I wish all of my interop experiences with providers were as good as that one.  I'm very happy he was able to make adjustments to the lines to get things working better for you.  Have your faxes continued to work better since then?

#9 Finlay Morgan

Finlay Morgan
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 03:57 AM

Please help me to set a up a new fax service in my office. I need something which is for free. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fax, pri