Barracuda Web Filter v8.1.0.005 is now 100% GA. It was previously at 100% EA. This release addresses a number of security issues and issues from the field since the last GA of 8.1.0.003.
- Fix: Updated OpenSSL to address CVE-2015-0204 (commonly known as "FREAK"), CVE-2015-0286, CVE-2015-0287, CVE-2015-0289, CVE-2015-0292, CVE-2015-0293, CVE-0209, and CVE-2015-0288.
- Fix: Added CA certificates for trust chain verification, additional checks with errors for self-signed certificates and expired certificates. [BNYF-7863]
- Fix: YouTube Safe Search: Safe Search can only be enforced when the user is browsing as "guest". This means that uploading and similar actions tied to a user account will not work with YouTube Safe Search enabled. [BNYF-9323]
- Fix: Active Directory Group Lookup now works as expected when using Kerberos authentication. [BNYF-9378]
- Fix: Self-signed certificates are now correctly created with an expiration date 3 years from date of creation. [BNYF-9362]
Full release notes can be viewed here: