email message-level exchange ews

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle Johnson

Kyle Johnson
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:00 AM

I have been using the barracuda backup appliance since the beginning of the year, and have been doing message-level backups since that time mostly without issue. Well starting on May 9,2015 my message-level backups began failing. Since then I have yet to successfully complete a message-level backup. 

I have searched the forums and even talked to support, with no luck. I am getting 2 errors the first is "Error connecting to mailbox" and the second "Ews connection error". I have looked up both and followed steps to attempt to resolve both. Nothing changed in our environment before this began happening, and I don't seem to have any errors in the event log of our Exchange server. We are on Exchange 2010 SP3 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 and we have a Barracuda 690. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

#2 David Stieglmeier

David Stieglmeier
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:11 AM

Hi Kyle,

have you checkt the passwort never expires button on the backup user?

#3 Kyle Johnson

Kyle Johnson
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:20 AM

Hi Kyle,

have you checkt the passwort never expires button on the backup user?

David,

The password is set to never expire on this account, I also made sure that the password was correct and reset it to what I thought it was in Active directory as well as on the barracuda appliance since the appliance was having trouble connecting to exchange when I would select "Test connectivity" support blamed that issue on what looked to be a bug in the 6.0.07 firmware where different credentials were being used than what was saved at the setup of the backup source..