Photo

rename LDAP user

novell groupwise rename ldap user barracuda e-mail

Best Answer Maxwell Lazaroff, 15 June 2015 - 01:48 PM

I think you can just add their old surname's email addresses as aliases on the new LDAP account. We use those addresses to determine what emails to show to end users. If that doesn't work, it's usually worth calling in to support. That way we can check exactly what the Barracuda Message Archiver is searching for, and then what exactly is in the LDAP account, and we can compare to find the discrepancy.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff

Barracuda Message Archiver
Technical Delivery Manager
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Eugene Myburgh

Eugene Myburgh
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:48 AM

Hi

So we are running Archiver 650. with a Novell eDirectory and Groupwise 2014 as mail server.

Users authenticate to the archiver portal with their Novell credentials. 

Now a user has married and changed surnames aswell as username for both edirectory and groupwise so the users primary email address also changes. 

However since the rename the user only sees their current email address archive and not the old. 

What is the correct way of addressing this?

Thank you for your replies.

#2 Maxwell Lazaroff

Maxwell Lazaroff
  • Moderators
  • 566 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:48 PM   Best Answer

I think you can just add their old surname's email addresses as aliases on the new LDAP account. We use those addresses to determine what emails to show to end users. If that doesn't work, it's usually worth calling in to support. That way we can check exactly what the Barracuda Message Archiver is searching for, and then what exactly is in the LDAP account, and we can compare to find the discrepancy.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff

Barracuda Message Archiver
Technical Delivery Manager

#3 Eugene Myburgh

Eugene Myburgh
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:07 AM

Thank you. I will give it a try but have logged a support case just in case. 

Thanks