Blocking new TLD's

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Brian Meer

Brian Meer
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:00 PM

With all of the new TLD's being approved, we'd like the ability to block all of them including their sub domains with a simple interface. Maybe "block source completely, immediately, and notify barracuda".

Example:

*.red

*.pink

*.science

*.link

*.blue

It would also be nice to be able to peruse the message log and be able to select known junk messages and then click a button to block those messages. That block function should include an immediate blocking of the domain name, the associated IP address, and a notification being sent to barracuda.

My company is currently experimenting with new, different spam appliances that currently offer these features. The only thing that is keeping us with using barrcuda is the friendly interface(so far) of the barracuda devices by all of us techs who use the appliances regularly.

If anyone has any tips/tricks or can pass this "feature request" to the proper source, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

#2 leonardo magallon

leonardo magallon
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:45 PM

Just add an entry en content with \.link$  and the others.   I got spammed royally today with a ton of emails with .link.   I don't know how Barracuda allowed that to happen.

#3 Josh Sturm

Josh Sturm
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:54 AM

The problem is with all the new TLDs available and the list keeps going.  We keep getting hit with large spam from .name, .asia, .site, etc but all the domains are registered in the past 30 days. The scores are all low as they have proper SPF/RDNS and a score of 2.6. It would be great if this could be added into the spam checking engine.

#4 Brian Meer

Brian Meer
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:42 AM

I understand about the newly released TLD's w/low or no scores and proper SPF/RDNS data. However, I would like the ability to be able to block any incoming messages, with a single click, that would add all TLD's and IP addresses contained within a message to the block lists simply by clicking 'block sender'. Or, maybe having the ability to block all 4, 5, and 6 letter TLD's and their associated IP addresses. A page with allow and block lists for this would be great.

#5 Ben Blackman

Ben Blackman
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:40 AM

Or maybe a better way to address would be to initially filter for only "traditional" TLDs like com, org, net before the usual filtering.  We've been getting hit hard with random TLDs like .date, .review, etc...  There are too many of these new TLDs to blacklist individually.

I would recommend the ability to peruse what was blocked to see if any (highly unlikely) were legit and allow to bypass the initial filter.