Photo

Different behavior depending on browser?

IE Firefox Chrome web filter inline transparent proxy

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cody Fiehtner

Cody Fiehtner
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:31 PM

Hi all,

I have a 410 web filter (8.0.0.003) that is blocking content as expected for users of IE and Chrome but allowing blocked sites to users when they browse with Firefox.  What am I missing on this? No entries for proxy in any of the browsers. 

Thanking you in advance, 
Cody

#2 mheller

mheller

Nobody

• Moderators
  • 1,299 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:41 PM

Hi Cody,

Have you checked for firefox plugins that may be circumventing the web filter?

Matthew Willson-Heller
Support Escalation Manager, US

Barracuda Networks Inc.
Phone: +1 408.342.5300 x5346
Fax: +1 408.342.1061
Web: www.barracudanetworks.com

#3 John

John
  • Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 10 August 2015 - 03:55 PM

Hi all,

I have a 410 web filter (8.0.0.003) that is blocking content as expected for users of IE and Chrome but allowing blocked sites to users when they browse with Firefox.  What am I missing on this? No entries for proxy in any of the browsers. 

Thanking you in advance, 
Cody

I've noticed it doesn't matter which browser you use. I have users set to not be filtered and they are still getting filtered. Anyone else experiencing this?

#4 mheller

mheller

Nobody

• Moderators
  • 1,299 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:05 PM

John, what you're describing there is a different scenario and could be due to an IP exemption or something else occurring.. we'd recommend you contact support to assist in diagnosing 

Matthew Willson-Heller
Support Escalation Manager, US

Barracuda Networks Inc.
Phone: +1 408.342.5300 x5346
Fax: +1 408.342.1061
Web: www.barracudanetworks.com

#5 Aaron Albrecht

Aaron Albrecht
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:14 AM

I don't know if I'm having the same issue as the OP, but I'm noticing inconsistent blocking results with www.gambling.com.  I'm still early in testing, but when I use that site to test the content blocking some user accounts will block it, some won't.  I have no idea why it would be different for different users, all users should be blocked/allowed on an equal basis.  Maybe it's just that site I'm using for testing, match.com seems to be blocked correctly on a consistent basis.  Would the fact that www.gambling.com uses https have anything to do with this?

Not trying to hijack this thread, but I'm curious if my issue is the same as the OPs.

#6 Matt Heller

Matt Heller
  • Administrators
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 11:09 AM

Hi AAron,

Assuming your web filter wasn't overloaded, it is possible that maybe they have an extraneous route out or some software that is changing the visibility of the traffic to the web filter. We'd recommend you contact support to review.