#1 Nathan Timperley

Nathan Timperley
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:38 AM

As of today the Barracuda Phone System firmware 3.1.001.028 is now 100% EA

Summary of new firmware:

This release introduces the new Communication Command Center to replace the legacy Call Control Client.  The all new Communication Command Center allows for drag and drop call transfers and bridging and will serve as a vehicle for future product enhancements.

Release Notes:

Feature: Communication Command Center introduced with drag and drop call handling. [BNPH-393, BNPH-11860]

Enhancement: Added provisioning for Patton models 4312/JO, and 4970/1E15V/1E24V/1E30V. [BNPH-11257, BNPH-11200, BNPH-11934]

Fix: Improved compatibility with certain PRI providers. [BNPH-11264]

Fix: Corrected average wait time and abandoned percent calculation in statistical reports. [BNPH-12233, BNPH-12278]

Fix: Corrected behavior of previous week aggregation in statistical reports. [BNPH-11729, BNPH-11743]

Fix: Corrected appearance of diagnostic progress state. [BNPH-12009]

Fix: Corrected behavior of action set management within FindMe and Advanced Call Routers [BNPH-12211]

#2 Shem Sargent

Shem Sargent
  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMedford, Oregon, USA

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:05 PM

Since upgrading from 3.0.006.046 to 3.1.001.028 last night, we have two new issues:

1. In the newly rechristened "Communication Command Center", the Answer button on the Queue Calls tab does not respond. We reported this to support this morning and did detailed troubleshooting with the support tech. It appears that FreeSwitch is throwing an error when the button is pressed. The issue has been escalated and we are awaiting a resolution.
  2. In Configuration -> Phones, the "Printable Extension Guide" comes up with no extensions listed. The browser dev tools shows "Uncaught ReferenceError: AJAXErrorHandler is not defined" cui.ajax.js:38. That script line says: handler = params.ajax_error_handler || new AJAXErrorHandler({ after_error: params.afterError });  Line 2 of this script is commented out where the global reference to AJAXErrorHandler appears. I mentioned the symptom of this issue to the support tech, but found the error later. I called back to create a separate ticket for this issue.

#3 Nathan Timperley

Nathan Timperley
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:07 PM

We are actively working on both issues right now.  I apologize that these got by us.  We'll have them cleared up as soon as possible.  

#4 Shem Sargent

Shem Sargent
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:19 PM

Hi Nathan,

Thanks to everyone for responding quickly to these issues.  :)

Shem 

#5 TekMason

TekMason
  • Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:54 PM

Have a big roll out tomorrow morning and notice that 3.1 is available.

Any other issues being seen out in the wild?

#6 Shem Sargent

Shem Sargent
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 01:02 PM

The first issue I previously mentioned with the queue call answer button is causing some workflow issues for our call takers and I am hoping that it gets a fix very soon.

Also, the link from the BPS interface in Configuration -> Updates is broken (http://updates.cudasvc.com/cgi-bin/view_release_notes.cgi?type=bpsware&platform=2&version=3.1.001.028) = "Release Notes for Cudatel Phone System firmware (version 3.1.001.028) are not available at this time"

There is also an issue that many users are having with the new Communication Command Center losing connectivity. It seems the reference to the phone extension gets lost. Then changing queue status sometimes results in an error in the CCC window: "There was an internal error processing your request". I called in to open a ticket on this issue.

I have gotten reports this morning that when the call taker is ready to hang up on some extensions, the phone randomly freezes up and becomes completely unresponsive and requires a manual phone power cycle reboot. One user stated that it has happened three times on her phone this morning. I am collecting more information. It could be unrelated to the firmware change, but I haven't ruled it out yet.

Shem

#7 Nathan Timperley

Nathan Timperley
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 September 2015 - 02:25 PM

Shem,

I see the bug that Gary filed for that CCC issue.  Is this something you are able to reproduce?  We have not seen this in our lab so if your users are running into this we'd like to know the steps that cause it.  

#8 Shem Sargent

Shem Sargent
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 02:48 PM

I'd really like to know the steps that cause it too! ;-) I haven't figured it out yet. I'm keeping my eyes opened, though. Hopefully, we'll catch on to a pattern soon.

#9 Nathan Timperley

Nathan Timperley
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 September 2015 - 02:50 PM

Thanks for bringing it to our attention regardless.  We'll be on the lookout for it.  

#10 Shem Sargent

Shem Sargent
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:50 PM

Nathan,

So I was able to catch the "There was an internal error processing your request" issue in the CCC on one user's computer and checked the Chrome dev tools. It showed:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
PUT https://[our BPS server URI]/gui/user/status 500 (Internal Server Error)

I manually went to that URL and got what looks like a static 500 page ("Please come back later" translated into several languages).

I refreshed the CCC and it showed that the user had to sign in again. Dev tools said:

POST https://cudatel.rvtd.org/gui/login/status401(Unauthorized)
Resource error suppressed:  Your login session has expired: Please wait

It seems that the session is timing out but the CCC is not providing any feedback. That is pretty undesirable behavior for our users who leave the CCC open all day and monitor their call queue, but don't frequently interact with the controls.

Hopefully this is enough information for you to be able to reproduce the issue. You will probably have to leave the CCC open for quite a while before seeing this behavior.

Thanks,

Shem