yosemite el capitan copy app

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Kent Liau

Kent Liau
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 05:20 AM

1. UI Issue - The Copy app doesn't support the new folder icon in Yosemite and El Capitan

2. The finder integration doesn't work, where the overlay on the finder. (Little green tick)

3. UI Issue - The Preferences View of the Copy App is suffering text misalign issue, El Capitan have new API for text formatting.

---

Google Chrome do suffer the text alignment issue as well (now fixed in latest stable channel).

Here is the link https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/1bf646e7f6ccc4a6b71a00636e1c8392223c6210

I hope that help the Copy engineer, or at least give a clue what is happening.

#2 Mitchell Defay

Mitchell Defay
  • Administrators
  • 186 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:47 PM

Hello, 

I have entered your issues in as a bug in the system, I am sorry you're experiencing these issues. We will do our best to correct this for you as El Capitan is a new OS it may be some time.

Thanks,

Mitch

#3 Maher Hawash

Maher Hawash
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 10:52 PM

I am having similar issues where the menu has disappeared and the app does not sync any longer.  A fix for this is urgent because now my local Copy items are useless if they don't sync to the cloud.

#4 Rubens Santi

Rubens Santi
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 01:23 PM

I have the same issue.

Context menu disappeared in El Capitan.

My folder is syncing, but i don't have the shortcuts to share files anymore.

#5 Aki Rintamäki

Aki Rintamäki
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:10 PM

local Copy items are useless if they don't sync to the cloud.

I get Copy to sync if I pause and resume syncing. Atleast it then downloads the files I uploded in Copy iOS app.

I also have the issues 1 and 2 in El Capitan. Also, the support forum link in Copy Preferences is out of date.

#6 Cristiano Spiller

Cristiano Spiller
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:59 AM

Is there any announcments from Copy regarding El Capitan support? I can't wait much longer, I am about to switch to another service.

#7 Mitchell Defay

Mitchell Defay
  • Administrators
  • 186 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 02:55 PM

Hello Everyone

We are working on a solution for El Capitan and using Copy application. 

We do apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patients as we work. We offer a different application we will soon be moving to with Copy. 

If you go to Cudadrive.com/install you will be able to download and use this agent with your copy account and works with El Capitan OS.

Thanks,

Mitch

#8 Ivo Venkov

Ivo Venkov
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:11 PM

Mitch - tnx for your advice, but could you give an approximate ETA of the fix please? I really don't want to get into yet another app in order to be able to properly use COPY with El Cap. Tnx!

#9 Raphael Günther

Raphael Günther
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:26 AM

I'm having the exact same problems as 1 and 2, even prior to El Capitan.

#10 Mitchell Defay

Mitchell Defay
  • Administrators
  • 186 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:46 AM

Hello,

We as of right now do not have an ETA on the fix for the Copy application on El Capitan. I will update you on any progress that is reported.

Regards,

Mitch

#11 Moh'D Hafeez

Moh'D Hafeez
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:45 PM

Hi Mitch,

Has there been any updates on this? Would appreciate your prompt action on this issue, please! This has been open for too long now - Kindly help!

#12 Mitchell Defay

Mitchell Defay
  • Administrators
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:26 PM

Hi Moh'D

If you will see the above comment I have no update still. Chances are this will not be a high priority for the developers due to the cudadrive application being available for use with copy accounts.

Cudadrive does work with your copy account and can be found at Cudadrive.com/install.

Regards,

#13 Moh'D Hafeez

Moh'D Hafeez
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:43 PM

Hi Mitch,

I am using the Cuda Drive App already. The problem is that I am not able to search for files locally that resides in the "CudaDrive - My Personal Files" location of my hard drive (OSX - El Capitan). So, I am using both the Copy app and the Cuda drive app for the sync and search to function properly - which ideally should have been fulfilled by one single app.

Am I missing something in the above setup?

Regards.

#14 Aes thete

Aes thete
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 02:28 PM

In El Capitan Cuda does work from the Cuda desktop icon for accesing file links from copy.com, etc. (but not the menu bar),. It is also a extra layer of obtrusiveness that uses system resources.

Just when you think Copy was the one, I think it's time to start looking at other cloud options, luckily there are a ton out there.

#15 Michael Potter

Michael Potter
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:30 PM

We as of right now do not have an ETA on the fix for the Copy application on El Capitan. I will update you on any progress that is reported.

Michael

#16 andre macola

andre macola
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:53 PM

Any update on this? I'm not comfortable using the CudaDrive app, it's another type of navigating files. El Capitan was released 2 months ago.

#17 diskord uk

diskord uk
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:35 AM

Seriously guys, what's going on? I don't quite understand how this isn't a priority - El Capitan has been out for 2 months, at least 40% of Mac users are running it.

Why would I use an app called cudadrive to use my copy.com account? I didn't use an app called wingding to access my dropbox account - you've heard of branding right? It just doesn't make sense to me, could you explain further? Is copy.com being phased out?

On the lookout for a better cloud service with a client that works properly if anyone has the hookup!

#18 Raphael Günther

Raphael Günther
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 11:10 PM

Still nothing? Unbelievable.

#19 Michael Potter

Michael Potter
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:24 PM

CudaDrive Beta is available for both Windows and Mac OS X.

Use the following steps to migrate from your Copy Desktop App to CudaDrive Beta Desktop App.

Please see this link:

https://techlib.barr...igrateCudaDrive

During Beta, CudaDrive is available only as a desktop app, but integrates and works with your existing Copy web account and mobile apps.

#20 inanc tekguc

inanc tekguc
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 05:16 AM

1- When we install the CudaDrive we have to/should we uninstall Copy?
2- If not, does this mean we have two local copies of all the Copy folders, one in Copy one in CD or does CD also refer to the same local folder that is synced with Copy web?

3- If we modify our local folders within the CD, do these changes automatically apply to synced files of all the people who are on share, even if they still use Copy and not CD? You know, maybe they don't like change.

4- If I copy the web link of a folder through CD and send it to a Copy user who still for some reason refuse to change to CD, will they be able to open that link and integrate it to their Copy folder?

Thanks