#21 Michael Potter

Michael Potter
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 24 December 2015 - 12:22 PM

@inanc

1.Yes un-install Copy

3. It will depend in the SHARED permissions of the files.

4. Yes the link will work for anyone copy user or not it is a web link. They would have to download it to integrate it to a folder in their folder.

#22 Mr. YiZo

Mr. YiZo
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 08:54 PM

Sorry guys, I do not waste my time for Copy or CD anymore. If more than 3 months wasn't enough to fix this, it will be never fixed. CD is uncomfortable at all, and this way to force users to change client is not so simpatic method for me. I'm a bit disappointed. Those who waited and believed in this fix week after week like me, try search google INFINIT options you find with one click file sharing from finder menu, if you know how I mean. ;) Regards

#23 inanc tekguc

inanc tekguc
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 12:14 PM

@inanc

1.Yes un-install Copy

3. It will depend in the SHARED permissions of the files.

4. Yes the link will work for anyone copy user or not it is a web link. They would have to download it to integrate it to a folder in their folder.

So, particularly referring to point 3., if I download CD and uninstall Copy, my friends who I have been sharing photos with will NOT notice any difference? Is there a guarantee that they will not lose their files that we have in common via a shared folder?
I have many folders that are shared with several people and if there is a possibility that this change causes them to lose folders or forces them to redownload things, I agree with Mr. Yizo above. It took us many emails and long efforts to come to this point of having shared folders and understanding what is where. I would not want to deal with many unhappy friends.

#24 Martin Cheung

Martin Cheung
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 07:03 PM

looks like I will have to start finding another provider too.  3 months and not only do we not have a fix, we don't even have a timeline for one.

Very poor show.

#25 Michael Potter

Michael Potter
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 04 January 2016 - 02:00 PM

Inanc,

1. yes un-install the copy agent.

2.no. All the same.

3.yes the changes will automatically sync.

4.yes all will still be able to access as before the change over.

#26 inanc tekguc

inanc tekguc
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:50 AM

Inanc,

1. yes un-install the copy agent.

2.no. All the same.

3.yes the changes will automatically sync.

4.yes all will still be able to access as before the change over.

thanks again for the responses.

I am still considering whether this switch is necessary for a simple user, rather than a midmarket user of Barracuda. Once I get my head around, I will try to explain all my friends whom I have originally invited to Copy that i am switching to Cuda and will invite them to do the same.
Do you have a link or a short paragraph to why this is happening and how it will effect them, which I can use in my message?
More importantly, should they expect any changes in how they use your cloud services if they do OR do NOT do the change? 
i.e:
- having to pay for CD in the future (Copy claimed this would not be the case)
- potentially losing their Copy data on cloud if they do not switch

As I understand, for anyone that has not upgraded to El Capitan, Copy still functions 100% so some won't need/ want to do the switch.