Photo

NG Firewall History for the month of September 2015

ng firewall bn f600 history filter application virtual server last tab wifi

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jonathan Klein

Jonathan Klein
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:53 PM

I have a request from a customer asking to see what social networks and websites that team entered with time through their phones via wifi and their workstations for September 2015.

What do I need to do to access that information through a filter on the NG Firewall History Page? How would I get the information over the last 30+ days?

Thank you.

#2 Guido Kramer

Guido Kramer
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:22 AM

Hey Jonathan,

I think the Firewall History Page is not the best tool to gather information for creating a report. You should use the Barracuda NG Report Generator. Have a look at the download section of the Barracuda Portal.

Regards,

Guido

#3 Stefan Hora

Stefan Hora
  • Barracuda Guru
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:44 AM

Hi Jonathan,

the history is kept in memory and has got a default size of 2048 entries (Depending on your model).

You can increase that size but usually you can only see pass information back to a few hours.

But if you have application detection 2.0 enabled in all Rules, then you have a summary view up to one month back directly under Firewall/Monitor. There you can e.g. select the Top 50 Applications for the last month and can see how much traffic each application caused:

https://techlib.barr.../NGAdminMonitor

There is also a TOP 50 URL and a User/IP Statistic but you cannot specify a specific IP Range.

This is the information which the above mentioned reporter accesses and displays via .pdf.