ng firewall bn f600 history filter application virtual server last tab wifi

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jonathan Klein

Jonathan Klein
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:53 PM

I have a request from a customer asking to see what social networks and websites that team entered with time through their phones via wifi and their workstations for September 2015.

What do I need to do to access that information through a filter on the NG Firewall History Page? How would I get the information over the last 30+ days?

Thank you.

#2 Guido Kramer

Guido Kramer
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:22 AM

Hey Jonathan,

I think the Firewall History Page is not the best tool to gather information for creating a report. You should use the Barracuda NG Report Generator. Have a look at the download section of the Barracuda Portal.

Regards,

Guido

#3 Stefan Hora

Stefan Hora
  • Barracuda Guru
  • 141 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:44 AM

Hi Jonathan,

the history is kept in memory and has got a default size of 2048 entries (Depending on your model).

You can increase that size but usually you can only see pass information back to a few hours.

But if you have application detection 2.0 enabled in all Rules, then you have a summary view up to one month back directly under Firewall/Monitor. There you can e.g. select the Top 50 Applications for the last month and can see how much traffic each application caused:

https://techlib.barr.../NGAdminMonitor

There is also a TOP 50 URL and a User/IP Statistic but you cannot specify a specific IP Range.

This is the information which the above mentioned reporter accesses and displays via .pdf.