• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 david t-g

david t-g
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 07:08 AM

Hi again!

I've used Copy to safely store my wife's Thunderbird local files after having lost content :-( in a hard drive failure.  I thought that we were covered, but now we have a new adventure (which actually started before I had communication problems on the replacement computer; see another post for that) in that all of her content disappeared one day, almost certainly because Thunderbird lost its mind when her computer had disk problems.  Sooooo...

All of her files & folders of email and attachments were in her Copy sync tree, but now that's been overwritten by Tbird as a fresh profile.  I need to get back to content from before 11/14 or so to grab everything and set up Tbird anew on her new computer either by pointing to it or by importing it into a fresh install.  Either way, though, I need to know how to see/sync/download that previous content.  Can Copy help me?

TIA again (and I'll be hovering since I don't trust follow notifications now!) & Happy Holidays

:-D

#2 Michael Potter

Michael Potter
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:05 PM

David,

If you accidentally remove data from your workstation's Copy folder and a version of the data is still present in the Barracuda Copy Cloud web interface, you can download the cloud-based copy of the data to your workstation.

It is important to be aware how long data deleted from your workstation is retained in the Barracuda Copy Cloud before it is purged. For cloud retention policy details, see Copy Data Retention.

Available for desktop systems only.

You can see deleted files and recover them using the these steps below.

Recover Deleted Files on a Windows System
  1. Right-click the Barracuda Copy icon in your system tray (Windows), and click Preferences:
  2. In the Preferences window, click Manage My Files:
  4. In the Manage My Files window, click the Undelete tab.
  5. All of your deleted files display. Select the files you want to recover:
  6. Click Save. your files are resynced and available in your Barracuda Copy folder.
  7. Recover Deleted Files on a Mac OS X or Linux System
    1.  Click the Barracuda Copy icon in your notification area, and click Preferences.
    2. In the Preferences window, click Manage My Files
    3. In the Manage My Files window, click the Undelete tab.
    4. All of your deleted files display. Select the files you want to recover.
    5. Click Save. your files are resynced and available in your Barracuda Copy folder.
    6. https://techlib.barr...verDeletedFiles