Photo

Does anyone on the planet use this product?

CudaEye Download Replies Feedback Users

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin Cramer

Kevin Cramer
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:44 AM

I heard a radio ad for the CudaEye camera product line and decided to do a little research. I was mainly looking for feedback on customer satisfaction, and whether I can download video from the cloud storage if I want to keep something. I looked in the forum and there is not a single reply to any of the questions posted about this product line, not one! There are also no feature requests or product announcements. There are only seven (7) topics in the entire forum, and three (3) of them are not even for the CudaEye product line, they relate to phone systems or blocking url's.

Are these things so bad that no one talks about them / admits to owning them, so great that no one has any questions, or just so unpopular that no one uses them and I'm a fool for considering it??? I would love any feedback I can get before I just write the entire product line off.

Thanks for the help

#2 Scott Fortson

Scott Fortson
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:02 PM

What is it?

#3 Kevin Cramer

Kevin Cramer
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:28 PM

It's a security camera system. It uses PoE cameras mounted wherever you like and cloud based storage so no DVR or NVR. My problem is apparently they have pretty good marketing on the local talk radio that my boss listens too, but I can't find anyone, anywhere that has ever used this product and can provide an unbiased review. Multiple users would be even better. I just don't understand how no one uses it but they keep selling it. Maybe no one who uses it uses the forums lol.

#4 John

John
  • Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:36 PM

I heard a radio ad for the CudaEye camera product line and decided to do a little research. I was mainly looking for feedback on customer satisfaction, and whether I can download video from the cloud storage if I want to keep something. I looked in the forum and there is not a single reply to any of the questions posted about this product line, not one! There are also no feature requests or product announcements. There are only seven (7) topics in the entire forum, and three (3) of them are not even for the CudaEye product line, they relate to phone systems or blocking url's.

Are these things so bad that no one talks about them / admits to owning them, so great that no one has any questions, or just so unpopular that no one uses them and I'm a fool for considering it??? I would love any feedback I can get before I just write the entire product line off.

Thanks for the help

I have 4 cameras. One was DOA. BN replaced it right away. I setup the cameras first in my office, which is on a different subnet than where the cameras are installed now. For some reason, two cameras wouldn't connect to the Cudaeye servers. The technician had me bring the camera back to office, so it would be on a different subnet. He then did some sort of remote wipe. Eventually the cameras started working again. The camera housings I bought were crap. I had to use my 3d printer to create a mount to hold the camera in place. You pay per year for cloud storage. I think our retention policy is set to 90 days.. You will pay less for less days of retention. The Android app was recently updated. They made some major improvements. The previous version crashed and didn't work on all devices. Over all, its a camera system. It works... PM me if you have other questions.

#5 John

John
  • Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:38 PM

It's a security camera system. It uses PoE cameras mounted wherever you like and cloud based storage so no DVR or NVR. My problem is apparently they have pretty good marketing on the local talk radio that my boss listens too, but I can't find anyone, anywhere that has ever used this product and can provide an unbiased review. Multiple users would be even better. I just don't understand how no one uses it but they keep selling it. Maybe no one who uses it uses the forums lol.

I'm out of Chicago. I only know of one other organization using Cudaeye. I believe it was the Chicago Housing Authority.

#6 Matt Connolly

Matt Connolly
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:02 PM

http://www.cudacam.comwas introduced in 2010.  Video surveillance as a service (VSaaS) has been accelerating and CudaCam is leading the way.  CudaCam is ideally suited for customers with multiple sites who want the flexibility to manage everything through a single, browser based user interface.  For customers tired of DVR's, NVR's, servers and software, CudaCam is a solution that will help them empty their server rooms.  Contact cudacam_sales@barracuda.com with questions or to schedule a web demo.

Matt Connolly

CudaCam Sales
(408) 342-5400