Photo
- - - - -

Wrong icon in Ubuntu x64 system tray

icon system tray ubuntu x64

Best Answer Dave Woodward, 26 January 2016 - 06:35 PM

Hi

I had the same issue.  Currently running Ubuntu Mate 15.10 x64

It seems the libstdc++ library files provided in the Copy x86_64 folder are incompatible with my system.  I did notice more upto date library files did exist in my system folders.

All I did to resolve the issue was to remove the following files from the Copy x86_64 directory:

libstdc++.so  
libstdc++.so.6  
libstdc++.so.6.0.18

After a restart of the app the correct icon was shown in the system tray again.

As Copy auto updates itself, you'll probably find at some point these files will be recreated and will need to be removed again.

Hope that helps

Dave
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Marcos Alves

Marcos Alves
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:24 AM

Hello all!

I've installed Copy.com app through paolorotolo/copy PPA in a Ubuntu 15.10 x64 machine, running Cinnamon interface.

Unfortunately, the system tray icon isn't showing correctly, as only a blank icon with a red X in the middle is appearing. Please see image: https://copy.com/et6K9Bo8690aNrXq

I've already found lots of posts in other forums telling how to fix when the icon is not appearing at all, or when the menu entries are broken, but that's not the case. Also, most of the fixes are for Unity interface, which is not the case either.

Anyone know how can I fix this? Thanks a bunch!

#2 Michael Potter

Michael Potter
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:56 AM

Marco,

Right-click the Barracuda Copy icon in your system tray (Windows), and click Preferences:

In the Preferences window, click Interface, and clear Show sync notifications:

Then  click reset overlays.

when this is complete wait at lease One hour then if it is still a issue reboot the machine. This should clear it up. If this does not there maybe a issue with the XFCE interface.

#3 Marcos Alves

Marcos Alves
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:02 PM

Thanks for the quick reply.

When I do that, the following error happens: https://copy.com/c0OrbKwiNKWuWLTe

Curiously, the icon in the image is the same of the system tray one.

#4 Marcos Alves

Marcos Alves
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:11 PM

I ran the app through the terminal, to see the output messages, and this one appears when I start the app and when I click in the "Reset Overlay" button:

(CopyAgent:17731): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'dialog-error' for stock: Unable to load image-loading module: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-svg.so: /opt/copy-client/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libicuuc.so.55)

#5 Marcos Alves

Marcos Alves
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:14 PM

Below is the complete message:

marcos@marcos-note:~$ /opt/copy-client/CopyAgent&
[1] 17731
marcos@marcos-note:~$ /opt/copy-client/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libproxy.so.1)
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gio/modules/libgiolibproxy.so

(CopyAgent:17731): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'image-missing' for stock: Unable to load image-loading module: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-svg.so: /opt/copy-client/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libicuuc.so.55)

(CopyAgent:17731): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'image-missing' for stock: Unable to load image-loading module: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-svg.so: /opt/copy-client/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libicuuc.so.55)

(CopyAgent:17731): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'dialog-error' for stock: Unable to load image-loading module: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-svg.so: /opt/copy-client/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libicuuc.so.55)

#6 Marcos Alves

Marcos Alves
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:46 PM

Anyone!?

#7 Michael Potter

Michael Potter
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 25 January 2016 - 12:49 PM

Looks like a corrupt installation of the agent, please try to download a new copy and reinstall it.

Or

It maybe a kernel or Lib version conflict.

#8 Dave Woodward

Dave Woodward
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:35 PM   Best Answer

Hi

It seems the libstdc++ library files provided in the Copy x86_64 folder are incompatible with my system.  I did notice more upto date library files did exist in my system folders.

All I did to resolve the issue was to remove the following files from the Copy x86_64 directory:

libstdc++.so  
libstdc++.so.6  
libstdc++.so.6.0.18

As Copy auto updates itself, you'll probably find at some point these files will be recreated and will need to be removed again.

Hope that helps

Dave

#9 Marcos Alves

Marcos Alves
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:53 PM

Thank you very much, Dave. That worked like a charm!

Copy crew must know about this issue!

-

Marcos

Hi

libstdc++.so  
libstdc++.so.6  
libstdc++.so.6.0.18

Hope that helps

Dave

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: icon, system tray, ubuntu, x64