sync conflict

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis Miltz

Dennis Miltz
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:07 AM

In the last time i always get a message "sync conflict" "a revision has been created from your local changes".

this message appears, when i edit one file from the copy folder at another pc and save it.

SO normally it simply syncs and overwrite the older file on other synced PCs - now i get this error all the time.

#2 Michael Potter

Michael Potter
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 25 January 2016 - 12:01 PM

Dennis,

how long has this been going on? Have you upgraded to a newer version since this started to happen all the time?

#3 Wouter Vos

Wouter Vos
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:05 PM

Hello,

I'm also experiencing this problem since for a bout a week ... Never happened before (or it had to do with offline files being edited). Now it happens on PC's that are both connected to the internet pretty much permanently ...

Hope you can help!

#4 David Suárez

David Suárez
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:24 AM

Same is happening to me since some weeks ago. It's really annoying. Help!

#5 William Binder

William Binder
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 01:21 PM

We are having the same problem since about Monday Jan 25. We are using Copy v3.2.02.0496.

Even more distressing, we just did a test of opening the same file on two computers, making different changes, and then saving the files. We did NOT get any message about a sync conflict, even though the file that was saved last overwrote the older (but different content) file with the same name. In practice we don't open the same file at the same time, but if we were ever to do that, that is when a "sync conflict" message would most logically appear and it doesn't. 

Your help is much appreciated.

#6 Gerwi Engberts

Gerwi Engberts
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:51 PM

I have the same problem in the last week. 

What can I do?

#7 Gerwi Engberts

Gerwi Engberts
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:16 PM

Dennis,

how long has this been going on? Have you upgraded to a newer version since this started to happen all the time?

I have the same problem. And my friend also. Both become the message: sync conflict detected. 

Is version 3.2.02.0496 wrong?

#8 Alex Stehn

Alex Stehn
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:53 PM

I'm getting the same error message, under the same circumstances reported. Copy v3.2.02.0496

#9 Wouter Vos

Wouter Vos
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:52 AM

For work i'm permanently working in one document (excel-file). I have this file open all day long. At the same time two other PC's with my account installed are running and are connected to the internet. This file is not in use on the other PC's, only on my workstation. All of the sudden copy gives me a message that the file "filename (01)" has been created. A couple of hours later I receive the message that "filename (02)" has been added to my copy folder. I'm stacking up multiple versions of this file ... without receiving a sync conflict this time ...

Monday I opened another (similar) file in my copy folder timestamped by windows on mondaymorning (when I turned on my PC) only to realize this was a version of fridaymorning instead of saturday afternoon (been working all weekend). I did find the correct version in the file history of the webclient, though.

I'm just giving some more information, hoping that there will be an official respons. I see a lot of other users reporting the same problem at the moment ...

Please advise.

(Copy v3.2.02.0496 on all pc's)

#10 David Suárez

David Suárez
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 06:12 AM

Hello again. Could anybody from Barracuda say something about this matter? Thank you.

#11 Uri DeYoung

Uri DeYoung
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 03:23 AM

Same thing here! It's been going on for about two or three weeks.  I'm running Copy v3.2.02.0496 on Ubuntu Linux. Never had this problem before. It is very annoying.

#12 R A

R A
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:09 PM

+1. For the same period as others report. Running Copy v3.2.02.0496 on Linux and Windows, happening on both.

#13 roger shannon

roger shannon
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:52 PM

They've just announced that both Copy and CudaDrive are being discontinued, so don't hold your breath for a response.

after having converted a load of my clients to Copy/Cuda, I now have to go and undo all of that and find another solution....

I can't believe that a so-called reputable company can just shaft their users like this -  one thing i can say, i only ever allow myself to be burned once, and will therefore never use a Barracuda product again, ever.

#14 Wouter Vos

Wouter Vos
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 03:18 PM

They've just announced that both Copy and CudaDrive are being discontinued, so don't hold your breath for a response.

after having converted a load of my clients to Copy/Cuda, I now have to go and undo all of that and find another solution....

I can't believe that a so-called reputable company can just shaft their users like this -  one thing i can say, i only ever allow myself to be burned once, and will therefore never use a Barracuda product again, ever.

I concurr. I've migrated an entire school to Copy. I don't even work there actively any more ... I'll have to bring them the news I guess. Also my new collegues that i learned how to use copy will be very disappointed.

This all for a service that was imo the best of it's kind (untill two weeks ago, apparantly).

#15 Uri DeYoung

Uri DeYoung
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 03:45 PM

There's no such thing as a free lunch, eh? Oh well. I'm glad I didn't pay them anything.

#16 Michael Potter

Michael Potter
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:23 AM

Based on what you all sent I can suggest that you try to reset the agent on that machine. This should reset everything. Then give a few hours.
copy agent : Preferences > About > Reset Copy App