Copy Alternatives - pros/cons

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Otto Baumann

Otto Baumann
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:17 AM

What I really really liked about Copy was you pick various folders from various places on your system, and then you could share some of them with individual/various Copy users.

This is what I'm gonna miss big time! :wacko: 
Have you guys any ideas which other tools deliver a similar function?

#22 Dan Alvin

Dan Alvin
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:13 PM

What I really really liked about Copy was you pick various folders from various places on your system, and then you could share some of them with individual/various Copy users.

This is what I'm gonna miss big time! :wacko: 
Have you guys any ideas which other tools deliver a similar function?

Better and easier than Copy is SugarSync, but unfortunately they no longer offer free accounts.  I had been using SugarSync for about 3 years before they eliminated their free accounts, and Copy was the next closest program.  Copy required some set-up of links to simulate the syncing of your existing file structure, but SugarSync was the ideal - intuitive interface to select folders/files to sync to the cloud only, or to other devices, or to share with other users.

$80/year per user for 100 GB is one of the more costly cloud storage options, but I will most likely be returning to that program for peace of mind for my 3 employees.

#23 Andrew Hegele

Andrew Hegele
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 07:08 AM

I'm a little late browsing this forum... I'm surprised that no one mentioned that Google Photos offers unlimited photo and video backup. The only downside of it is that your photos and videos are "optimized" to slightly reduce the size on their server, and you are capped at 16MP photos and 1080 videos.

#24 Hananel Hazan

Hananel Hazan
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 03:50 PM

I found awonderful replacement.

Its call HubiC, it give you 25Gb free space, and he have referal program like copy.

For 10 Euro you get 10Tb!!

It have fast upload and download speed and very decent syncing program

if you want to try, please use this link and you will get 30Gb free (instead of 25)

https://hubic.com/en/offers?referral=KCPIPP