Can not access www.copy.com website to move files

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Steven Frisbee

Steven Frisbee
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 12:09 PM

I have tried both last night and today to access the copy.com website to move out my files.  The web page does not come up with any browser or machine I have tried.  Anyone else having this problem?  Thanks.

#2 Michael Potter

Michael Potter
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:20 PM

Hello,

we are not having any reported issues on our side and I just logged in, please let us know if you are still experiencing this issue.

#3 tomas rossignoli

tomas rossignoli
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 01:47 PM

Me too!!

I can't have access to my files.

There's no way to get into them.

#4 Gary Schultz

Gary Schultz
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:09 AM

I have tried both last night and today to access the copy.com website to move out my files.  The web page does not come up with any browser or machine I have tried.  Anyone else having this problem?  Thanks.

It would appear that web access has been disabled and you can only use a client to retrieve your files. I say a client because Copy has instructions for using a different client to migrate from Copy to another cloud service. This morning I'm trying to bring everything from Copy to a new computer using the Copy Agent and it is not working. Fortunately, before the announcement was made I synced my Copy account to my another computer so I have everything I need. But some users are going to have issues if they didn't do any sync prior to the announcement and web based service shutdown. 

#5 Loujein Chaer

Loujein Chaer
  • Moderators
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:44 AM

Hello,

Can someone please include screenshots of the issues you're running into ? 

It would appear that web access has been disabled and you can only use a client to retrieve your files. I say a client because Copy has instructions for using a different client to migrate from Copy to another cloud service. This morning I'm trying to bring everything from Copy to a new computer using the Copy Agent and it is not working. Fortunately, before the announcement was made I synced my Copy account to my another computer so I have everything I need. But some users are going to have issues if they didn't do any sync prior to the announcement and web based service shutdown. 

Gary- you should still have access through all our clients to get to your files, and that includes our Web client, as well as the agent and mobile apps. If this is not the case, can you possibly provide more information on what you're experiencing ? 

Thank you!

Loujein Chaer

Product Manager

#6 roccoman 2011

roccoman 2011
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:34 AM

Hi

Same problem. Cannot access Copy web site to manage my folders.

From Copy icon in tray I chose  ''Visit Copy website''

And...surprise:  https://www.copy.com...r/?id=1001&ref= appeared.

Knowing Copy sunset announcement I supposed / admit some changes. So pressed ''Go Home''

And https://www.copy.com...;;section:plans

Despite all other tryings to acces my WEB account I have no success.

What's happening guys ?

PLs revert with an effective response, tx.

Comment on my COPY experience:

a) It's a pity that COPY disappears. 

B) It's been (one of) the most user friendly storage system I experienced. Better than Sugar sync from which I migrated when their free storage was interrupted. 

#7 Michael Potter

Michael Potter
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:25 AM

@roccoman2011,

Please try going to Copy.com directly and log in there and make sure your usename and password work, then check to make sure they are correct in the Copy agent Application on your PC. Open Copy Agent>

1. Launch the Barracuda Copy app.
  2. Enter your Barracuda Copy account User Email and Password.

If this does not correct the agent try resetting the Copy Agent, with the agent App open:

Preferences > About > Reset Copy App