Photo

How to Share Documents with mobile compainion now that Copy is going away.

copy MDM share documents

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jerry Gerlach

Jerry Gerlach
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:06 AM

So last week I finished migrating from Meraki to Barracuda MDM.  One reason for the switch was the ability to link to copy.com and share documents through the Mobile Companion.  I see a lot of discussion about which cloud service to go to but what I do not see is if the MDM will link to any other service in the future.  So Barracuda.... Will you be providing the ability to link to another service?  This would help me decide to stay with the MDM as well as choose a cloud storage provider.  Or do I choose another MDM and migrate the users again?  Sure wish this announcement came prior to my moving to this solution.  Oh well.

#2 Karl Moore

Karl Moore
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:10 AM

We are currently working on a replacement for the integration with Copy.  This will be released before the Copy service is retired.  Can I ask what cloud storage provider you are planning to/would like to use?

#3 Jerry Gerlach

Jerry Gerlach
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:16 AM

That is good news.  Right now I am leaning heavily to Mega.nz.  One service I will not use is google drive.

Is there a time frame for a new linking option?

#4 Joseph Totaro

Joseph Totaro
  • Moderators
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 06:59 PM

We are planning on supporting Microsoft OneDrive initially.  After that, we will be evaluating support for other services based on demand.

We are expecting to have OneDrive in before April, so at least a month before Copy is discontinued. Support for other providers will most likely happen after the May 1st discontinuation. 

#5 Joseph Totaro

Joseph Totaro
  • Moderators
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:50 PM

OneDrive support has been added to the product as a replacement for Copy.

#6 SurajPadmasali

SurajPadmasali
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:18 AM

Have you taken a stab at erasing the document from a CMD prompt? What was the result?