• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Derek Lin

Derek Lin
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:57 PM

Hello Tech Support,

I understand that the Copy.com service will be discontinued on 5/1/2016, and I am definitely planning to migrate my data away, as per your recommendation.

In the meantime, I've been having trouble uploading any data. In the desktop app, the right click status showed it was syncing, but when I looked at preferences, it said "paused." I also tried manual uploading, and that failed as well.

Are you throttling down your upload bandwidth, or stopping uploads altogether, due to the service approaching end-of-life? Please advise. Thank you!

#2 Michael Potter

Michael Potter
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:48 PM

Derek,

Please reset the Copy agent and it should start syncing again,

copy agent : Preferences > About > Reset Copy App

We are not throttling down any of the services yet, not till May 1st.

#3 Derek Lin

Derek Lin
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:16 PM

Thank you Michael. Unfortunately, the Copy Apps still does not upload after I applied the reset. Even more concerning perhaps, is the fact that even manual uploading via the web browser interface is not working. That seems like a very basic thing. Can I ask you to try it on your end? The first troubleshooting step is to find out if it is something you can replicate — and uploading via the web browser interface into the Copy.com cloud storage would only take a minute to check.

Thanks again!

#4 Derek Lin

Derek Lin
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:25 PM

Hi guys. It's been two weeks and still no response to what I feel is a pretty basic question about the manual upload function of the web browser interface. What's going on?

I tested it just now. It's not working. Error message: "Test.txt failed to upload."

#5 Michael Potter

Michael Potter
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 25 March 2016 - 04:56 PM

Derek,

Please, 

This solution applies to Barracuda Copy running on desktop systems only.

The 'Failed to Post Data' error indicates that connections to Barracuda Copy are blocked. To resolve this, you can:

• Configure Your Anti-Virus Programs;
  • Configure the Barracuda Copy Connection
  • Enter Your Proxy Settings Before Logging in to Barracuda Copy

see this link

https://techlib.barr...ToPostDataError