Photo

Random characters when retrieving messages

random characters error

Best Answer Cain Random, 22 July 2016 - 01:49 PM

Rob,

There are some fixes we can push out via Group Policy that should address your problem.  Please contact Barracuda technical support.  If there's any confusion, tell them I sent you.

Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Miles

Michael Miles
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:14 AM

When user makes a search for emails using the Barracuda search facility within Outlook they come back with random weird characters.

Example: I128;™m happy with that, I128;™ll come earlier tomorrow.

It just happens where the email contains apostrophes or so but it does not happen through the web based facility.

Any idea to sort this out?

#2 Cain Random

Cain Random
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:18 AM

Michael,

Please contact Barracuda technical support.  We'll need to compare the Outlook add-in's log with the archived message on your Barracuda Message Archiver, but we should be able to get this fixed quickly.

#3 BarryCuda

BarryCuda
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:14 AM

I am having the exact same issue.  Do I need to contact support as well or is there a fix or firmware update that I can install?

#4 Cain Random

Cain Random
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:25 AM

Yes, Barry-- please contact Barracuda technical support.

#5 Rob Ford

Rob Ford
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 12:41 PM

Anyone have any luck with tech support on this?  I have the same problem.  Some messages have the bad apostrophes, for example "That$B!G(Bs", yet the same message that's part of another archived message shows "That's".  This only happens when opening archived messages from the Barracuda Outlook add-in.  If I save the email to my PC and then open it the apostrophe shows up correctly.

I didn't have any luck with tech support.  I was told that since it only happens when opening archived mail from the Outlook add-in it was a problem with Outlook.

Thanks,

Rob

#6 Cain Random

Cain Random
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 01:49 PM   Best Answer

Rob,

There are some fixes we can push out via Group Policy that should address your problem.  Please contact Barracuda technical support.  If there's any confusion, tell them I sent you.