deferred MS microsoft hotmail outlook.com

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Doug Hagerman

Doug Hagerman
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 01:50 PM

Am I missing something, or are there no posts or service announcements regarding this issue?  My understanding is that most or all BESS customers' emails to the live, msn, outlook, and hotmail.com domains are being deferred indefinitely due to graylisting of the BESS address space by MS, so why no service announcement or ongoing community notification?  There's a service announcement and update commitment for dashboard statistics, and this is much more impactful than that.  I've had a case open since last week, but I've had to call in each time I wanted an update.  This seems like something that the community should have regular updates/notifications on, and it's not even noted anywhere at all that I can find.

For anybody in the same boat, we've created a separate send connector in Exchange for those domains as a workaround, but that obviously is not acceptable long term.  

#2 Pete Caldicott

Pete Caldicott
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, UK

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:05 AM

Figured I'd bump this topic back up as it's happening again. Absolutely no information about the issue from Barracuda unless you call in. Don't imagine there's much to be done but raise the issue with Hotmail but unfortunately my GFI clients just don't experience these issues :(

#3 Neil Johnson

Neil Johnson
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 04:04 PM

We're still not able to send to Hotmail, Live, MSN, & Outlook accounts.  Is anybody still having issues with this?

#4 Matt Armstrong

Matt Armstrong
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:32 PM

I think I may be experiencing the same issue. What's the status code on the deferral for you all?

#5 Pete Caldicott

Pete Caldicott
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, UK

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:13 PM

Hi guys. The problem is still occurring, although it's not as widespread. I can see many good deliveries to Microsoft addresses today but a handful of deferred with code SC-002.

550 SC-002 Mail rejected by Outlook.com for policy reasons. The mail server IP connecting to Outlook.com has exhibited namespace mining behavior. If you are not an email/network admin please contact your Email/Internet Service Provider for help.