• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TristanP

TristanP
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 06:10 AM

Hi!

I am awating my first spam firewall from barracuda and i wanted to know how to setup this product in my environmnt.

1. The appliance will be behind my corporate firewall

2. My Kerio Mailserver fetches every minute new mails from pop3-mailboxes from my provider, hosting the domain.

3. Clients connect via MAPI to my Mailserver.

The spam-firewall will be configured in inbound-mode.

All incoming mail should be filterd by the appience. After that my Kerio Mailserver should grab the Filterd Mail from my barracuda appience.

As i mentioned, my mailserver connects to pop3-mailboxes from my provider. This means, it would ignore/overlook the barracuda, right? Am I right, that my mailserver must be configured to talk my barrcuda if there are new mails to fetch it from there?

Please help me to understand/make it right!

Thanks!

#2 mheller

mheller

Nobody

• Moderators
  • 1,299 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:01 AM

Hi Tristian, 

First let me say welcome to the Barracuda family, we are excited to bring you on board!

Secondly, I recommend you bookmark and read our techlib site regarding the Email Security gateway https://techlib.barr...racuda.com/BSF 

What you are describing there we can accommodate for via the Advanced -> Remote IMAP/POP tab which will pull your mail down from your provider, filter it - then deliver it to your mail server.

Please let us know of any further questions!

Matthew Willson-Heller
Support Escalation Manager, US

Barracuda Networks Inc.
Phone: +1 408.342.5300 x5346
Fax: +1 408.342.1061
Web: www.barracudanetworks.com