Photo

Yealink Firmware Upgrade

phone firmware yealink

Best Answer Richard Paustian, 05 July 2016 - 09:54 AM

Well..............I called support (Case 02221662: Assistance updating firmware) and the rep said he had the software so all I had to do was open my support tunnel and it would be downloaded. I opened the support tunnel immediately..................15 hrs later no new firmware and no word from support about what happened.

Again, why not let the end users load their own firmware; after all, your phone system is "designed by IT for IT."

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Richard Paustian

Richard Paustian
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 09:41 AM

I am using Yealink t46 phones on my system. The BPS provisions them with version 28.80.0.70 firmware but Yealink has released several new versions since then. Although the new firmware can be uploaded to individual phones, it is overwritten by the BPS when the phones reboot.

Is there a way to load the new firmware into the BPS so it automatically updates of my phones? I see a file upload option for Cisco firmware on the Configuration..............Phones tab at the bottom but nothing for other companies.

#2 Scott Kuntz

Scott Kuntz
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 10:03 AM

This can only be done by Support. We have done this with 28.80.0.95 which fixed some bugs in the 28.80.0.70 firmware. Outside of that, it would not be recommended to update them to anything newer than 28.80.0.95.

#3 Richard Paustian

Richard Paustian
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 09:54 AM   Best Answer

Well..............I called support (Case 02221662: Assistance updating firmware) and the rep said he had the software so all I had to do was open my support tunnel and it would be downloaded. I opened the support tunnel immediately..................15 hrs later no new firmware and no word from support about what happened.

Again, why not let the end users load their own firmware; after all, your phone system is "designed by IT for IT."

#4 MIS Dept

MIS Dept
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 02:02 PM

So this my problem now too.  Is there any way to resolve this?