Photo

LDAP with child domains

LDAP child domains ess email

Best Answer Jaybone, 06 July 2016 - 11:26 AM

Guessing you're using the wrong port.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc978012.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

The default port, 389, will only get you results from the domain of the server you're talking to.  If you switch to the GC port, 3268, you should get results from all domains in the forest.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Vincent Arriola

Vincent Arriola
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBakersfield, CA

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:57 PM

We recently implemented Barracudas spam filter, but I'm having trouble importing my LDAP users. I am connecting to a Global Catalog AD Domain Controller, but can only pull users from my root domain. I would like to be able to pull from my multiple child domains as well.

Is this supported or is there a better way to import my exchange users from child domains into the hosted appliance? 

#2 opjose

opjose
  • Members
  • 261 posts
  • LocationWashington D.C. Area

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:41 PM

Couldn't you add the subdomains in the anti-spam system, then manage each and add a ${defaultNamingContext} entry adjusted for each?

#3 Vincent Arriola

Vincent Arriola
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:45 PM

All of our email addresses are @rootdomain.net, even the child domains. So I'm not sure if that will work.

rootdomain.net

childdomain.rootdomain.net

Both have @rootdomain.net email addresses.

#4 Michelle Exner

Michelle Exner

BSF / BESS Moderator

• Moderators
  • 409 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:57 AM

I'm a little confused here. The LDAP features on the Barracuda Email Security Gateway (the device) do not import users.

They are users to verify users and to allow users to sign on with the email address and LDAP password.

User accounts are created either manually or if configured will be created when quarantine mail received for a user.

I recommend that you call into Barracuda support so they can assist you with your setup.

Sincerely,

Michelle Exner
Product Lead Support Engineer
Barracuda Email Security
(408) 342-5300

#5 Vincent Arriola

Vincent Arriola
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:12 AM

Michael, 

That is correct. I guess my terminology was incorrect. I am trying to 'synchronize' my users so that they can authenticate with their email address/passwords from Active Directory to check their quarantine reports.

#6 Michelle Exner

Michelle Exner

BSF / BESS Moderator

• Moderators
  • 409 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:18 AM

Please call into Barracuda Support so a technician can assist you with your setup.

Michelle Exner
Product Lead Support Engineer
Barracuda Email Security
(408) 342-5300

#7 Jaybone

Jaybone
  • Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:26 AM   Best Answer

Guessing you're using the wrong port.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc978012.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

The default port, 389, will only get you results from the domain of the server you're talking to.  If you switch to the GC port, 3268, you should get results from all domains in the forest.