Photo

Cuda Launch package in SSL Portal

NG Firewall SSL VPN

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Alex Charbonneau

Alex Charbonneau
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:36 AM

Is there a way to put the installation of CudaLaunch into the SSL Web Portal, like it was with the old JavaClient in the SSL VPN Portal. The fact that we have to distribute the installation package with another channel to our external clients, remove the purpose of the transparent VPN.

This really make us consider to change our firewall for another one as this was 1 of the main feature we wanted with the firewall at the beginning and it definitly remote the purpose of paying for Remote Access Premium license.

#2 Gavin Chappell

Gavin Chappell
  • Moderators
  • 441 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:02 AM

Hi Alex, I believe the settings menu on the web portal contains a link to the Barracuda Download Portal, where anyone can get the CudaLaunch client? The problem with actually including the binary within the firmware is that it ties the CudaLaunch "release cycle" to that of the firmware. By including a link to the download portal rather than the actual binary, we make the client easy to find but also retain the ability to release CudaLaunch independently of firewall firmware.

#3 Christoph Kölbel

Christoph Kölbel
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 04:38 AM

I agree with Alex. The download would be necessary. Right now the PC download for CudaLaunch is only available in the Downloads-Section when you are logged in at the Barracuda Download Portal.

Additionally as this is related (because Alex mentioned the old SSL Java Client): I definitely request the option, that with CudaLaunch a full transparent Tunnel is available and not only tunneling to predefined Apps.

Thanks

Manuel