Photo

After 7.1.0.013 iPhone app does not see Firewall(s)

7.1.0.013 iPhone Cloud Control

Best Answer opjose, 28 November 2016 - 12:18 PM

It looks like the latest update 7.1.1.008 finally fixed this issue.

Nothing was done or changed on my end to remedy the situation other than the update itself.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 opjose

opjose
  • Members
  • 261 posts
  • LocationWashington D.C. Area

Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:32 PM

After the last two updates the iPhone app is not able to see the state of the X-Series firewalls, even though cloud control is enabled.

I can pull up the status of my two X-Series firewalls on the BCC site w/o problems but the iPhone app is unable to display any information about the firewalls. The app merely shows a "Critical" and has no connectivity.

I find the app handy to check the state of all of my Barracuda devices, and keep up to date on subscriptions and updates.

The App does display the status of my anti-spam firewall and my two backup servers w/o problems... it is just the Firewall that is affected.

Please fix!

#2 Robert Cabrera

Robert Cabrera
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:49 PM

This is also true for the Android app.  At times it will work but more than not it will not allow you to select a device to drill down for more info.

#3 Florian Ott

Florian Ott

Associate Product Manager

• Barracuda Team Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationInnsbruck, Austria

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:24 AM

Hi,

thank you for your posts!

We have tested the app on both iPhone and Android phones with Barracuda NextGen X-Series Firewalls on 7.1.0.013 - it works alright. So we are having problems replicating your issues without further information.

Please contact Barracuda Support (support@barracuda.com) - they can help you figure out the issue!

Best regards,

Florian Ott

#4 opjose

opjose
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:02 PM

Well it doesn't work and is reproducible.

I contacted support, they saw the problem, it was escalated and finally it was filed as a BUG.

BUG # : BNCS-6095 has been filed and created.

#5 opjose

opjose
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 12:18 PM   Best Answer

It looks like the latest update 7.1.1.008 finally fixed this issue.

Nothing was done or changed on my end to remedy the situation other than the update itself.