• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nikbarton

nikbarton
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:53 AM

Good day, Barracuda Community. 

I am currently working as an IT Support, and I was able to meet this kind of error below twice already with our users. 

Access Denied

This link you are accessing has been blocked by the Barracuda Web Security Gateway because it contains belonging to the category of: Search Engine & Portals

If you believe this is an error or need to access this link please contact your administrator

URL: https://www.google.com

As reported by our users, the error suddenly comes up while they are doing something in the Internet. The only solution we could think of with my partner is that we wait for the 24-hours until the next login of the user as it is how is set by the main administrator of the Web Filter (and unfortunately, we don't have an access on that yet).

May I know if what could be the possible cause of this? I tried to search about this in the Internet, but sadly, found no answer. 

We tried malware scanning, checking the firewalls, but still not working. 

Hoping someone will be able to help.

Thanks a lot!

#2 Adam Mancey

Adam Mancey
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 02:55 AM

Hi Nickielou,

This appears to be the standard block page for traffic blocked within the content filter.

I would assume that the issue is caused by the client machine losing authentication via LDAP, therefore treating the traffic according to the unauthenticated rules instead of the authenticated rules.

I would suggest that you call our support line and have a ticket raised so that we can investigate and find the true cause of the issue.

Thanks,