MDM Activation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Corey Pierce

Corey Pierce
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:28 AM

Anyone else having problems trying to register new devices?  I am able to do it as a guest but it will not work using an active directory account.

#2 Karl Moore

Karl Moore
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationNottingham, UK

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:34 AM

If you try and test your AD configuration in MDM does it come back as successful?  If not then I presume it's an issue accessing your AD, this could either be timeout, misconfiguration or something else.  If the test is successful is this a specific user that's always failing or is this for different users?  Another thing to check is that the base DN and/or and alternative search base includes the user you're trying to authenticate with.  If they aren't found in the DN it also won't work.

#3 Corey Pierce

Corey Pierce
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 10:28 AM

When testing my AD configuration. I get Request Aborted.  I have deleted and tried to recreate the authentication server but I keep getting the same result.  

#4 Karl Moore

Karl Moore
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationNottingham, UK

Posted 03 November 2016 - 11:02 AM

The connection through to AD has a timeout of 60s on it, I presume if you're seeing this it's timed out.  If MDM is trying to connect it's going to come through either 636 or 389 from the internet.  First thing is just to make sure these ports do forward through to the AD server.  You could try connecting to the AD from outside the network just to make sure this isn't the issue, thus taking MDM out of the equation.  It should also confirm how slowly the AD responds.  If it's slower than 60s there really does seem to be some networking issue.