INTENT ANALYSIS OUTBOUND EMAIL BLOCKING BLOCK

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bradley Glover

Bradley Glover
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:33 AM

We use outbound mailflow through barracuda as a massive selling point when selling the barracuda to clients

Since implementing barracuda we have had nothing but trouble with it blocking outbound emails because of web links in peoples signatures and emails

This has now got so bad that we are unable to keep up with the mass of helpdesk call with people complaining about emails bouncing back.

We have now had to turn off outbound scanning for most of out barracuda clients which is ridiculous

We urgently need this feature request reviewed.

I can also see there are many other people complaining about this in the forums

Please Barracuda sort this out !!!

Bradley Glover

Senior Server Engineer

Ziptech Services Ltd

#2 Bradley Glover

Bradley Glover
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:34 AM

+ 1

#3 Daniel Schmidt

Daniel Schmidt
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 03:12 PM

Agreed.  At the very least the messages should go into the outbound quarantine so an admin can be notified and release them.

#4 Andrea Tassinari

Andrea Tassinari
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:59 AM

I Agree. Outbound intent analisys is a real mess, a completely mess.

Our customers really cannot understand why replying a message received through ESS then they cannot the send it back. It is simply an inconsistent cumbersome policy.

This policy is very annoing when there is a false positive. We have to pass through a support ticket in order to clear the blacklisted link...

I understand that Barracuda has to prevent its outbound servers from being blacklisted, but I cannot understand why in more than two years nothing has been done. 

1) strip away potentially harmful links replacing them with a warning sentence or, better, a link to a page that explains in detail what has been done.

2) replace the original link with a link to linkprotect.cudasvc.com, same way it is done for inbound intent analisys..

Come on Barracuda folks! These are very simple feature tu implement!

Andrea

#5 MAG IT Dept

MAG IT Dept
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:31 AM

+1

#6 Sam Wettig

Sam Wettig
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 06:23 PM

Big +1

#7 Guy Franken

Guy Franken
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 04:46 AM

Why is this STILL not corrected or please add an option like : exception list !!!!! 

We found out about this issue just recently, having barracuda cloud in production for a few months and our IT team is essentially checking inbound situation. We discovered that a lot of emails were never sent out !!!! 

#8 Daniel Hillman

Daniel Hillman
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 11:28 AM

This is similar to the issue I just posted about outbound data leakage rules, I would like a way for a user to "certify" that the email does not contain PHI and bypass the leakage rules.  I do not want to turn the rules off, but with no way to get out, we may have to disable the full rule.  All or nothing seems to limiting.