I'm working with an engineer on setting up this appliance - OSPF took an eternity (him included) to figure out since the documentation you have for setting things up is bismal (I'm being nice on my wording here). We had to trial and error to get that as well as other issues up and running - mind you him and I both have completed our CCNP and know quite a bit about this stuff.
Rant aside, we are now stuck on DHCP Relay. I'll have time later today to try out any suggestions, but here is what I have done so far:
- Created DHCP Relay Service
- Configured Relay with proper server reference
- Allowed rules in for traffic to flow from local VLAN networks over a L2 private VPLS connection (not the same as VPN) to remote subnets
- Bonded requests to the OSPF interface for L2 transmit to remote subnet
- Look at logs for troubleshooting (they are bismal as well)
- I did get leases and then afterwards lost internet connection (I do however have the ability to statically set addresses and get out to the internet)
So about 3 hours later while testing in the morning I rolled back to our Router on premise that has no issues (ACLs aside) forwarding DHCP traffic to another server. I'm at my whit's end here people and I'm looking for anything to help validate Barracuda as a traffic shaping service for our corporate office.
The only thing I have read online is this article:
Mind you this is for X series and not F.