NG SSL VPN Portal Client Download Link

VPN SSL VPN NG

No replies to this topic

#1 Chester Ney

Chester Ney
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:25 AM

On version 6 of the Barracuda NG Firewall, end users could use Internet Explorer or Firefox to download and run a Java version of the SSL VPN Client making it easy to deploy the NG Firewall and get users connected quickly with a few instructions.   In version 7.0, there is nothing.   Java is no longer supported and there is no way to download the full VPN client from the portal.  As a result, each user needs to have it installed manually or pushed out via group policy.  This is problematic if folks aren't on the domain regularly or for systems that don't authenticate on the domain like contractors.  

I'd like to see an area of the NG Firewall that I can upload an install package that is preconfigured with the correct VPN settings that someone can just download and install.  Currently there are two install packages as well - a 32 and 64 bit.  This is problematic for users that don't know which one to use.  A single install package that just installs the correct version would be preferred.  

What I'm envisioning is that once a user is connected to the SSL VPN portal, if they have permissions for the VPN client, they have an icon that allows them to download the client.  

Reply to this topic