Jump to content


Photo

Anyone Else Having Problems?

web security flex Slow uninstall reinstall locking up speed

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Prasad

Chris Prasad
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:48 PM

The last few months now, Web Security Flex has been severely degrading our internet speed and is consistently locking up our browsers and website access.

 

I’ve narrowed down this problem down to Web Security Flex service because as soon as we remove the agent, our speed goes back to normal.

 

We're all on 4.4.5.40 and uninstalling/reinstalling only works temporarily.  Is anyone else experiencing this?



#2 Boris T.

Boris T.
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:32 AM

Hello,

first why you uninstall and install again? You can temporarily disable service for 5 min or you can manually stop service with passwd if you have one.

To answer your question,

I have something similar but not exactly as you.

I could not access to a web sites that use our public IP in white list. So when traffic is redirected to barracuda cloud it goes out with other IP. Then site that have our public IP in WL receive this request it simply do not allow access. I put this website in bypass field and it was working just fine.

 

Regarding slowness on internet speed,

I experienced this only while I was testing some features and set flex service to be fixed. Like this when some flex service have bad response it stay fix on it and my internet speed was bad. As soon as I changed setting so flex service can be changed automatically, my speed was back to normal.

 

Hope I help a lil bit.

BR



#3 Pavla Luckham

Pavla Luckham
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:17 AM

We have had similar issues with the product from the very beginning. We are now trained to always suspect Web Flex first if there are complains about Internet access. If it is a certain site, stopping the agent temporarily helps troubleshooting. When it is all Internet traffic, we have to reinstall the agent. I think it is just the way it is.

We replaced the functionality for on site systems with Meraki content filtering, but continue using Barracuda for laptops that go on and off site. After a lot of research we decided that as bad as it is, the alternatives are either also bad, or much more costly. And we got pretty good at quickly reinstalling the agent, and it is not that often.

I know this doesn't help with the problem, but can help with expectations.

Pavla



#4 James Newman

James Newman
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:19 PM

We've been having the same issue only it's gotten worse after windows 10.  constantly failing open or blocking the internet all together.  Last reply was March so I was hoping to find a thread that said the issue had been fixed finally but that doesn't look to be the case.