F-Series Barracuda Network Access Client and Access Control Service
Discontinuation of (OPSWAT) Windows Health Checks on 1st November 2017
Features eventually reach their natural end of as new and better technologies becoming available, the market changes and source technologies are unavailable. This is the case with our Barracuda Network Access Client (OPSWAT based) Windows Health Checks managed via the F-Series Access Control Service. These legacy health checks were only available via the discontinued “SSLVPN & NAC” subscription and checked for vendor Antivirus and Antispyware settings and status.
Since F-Series version 6.2.0, the (OPSWAT) Windows Health Checks were completely replaced by the much simpler and more reliable health checks via the Windows Security Center Settings (for Network Firewall, Windows Update, Virus Protection, Spyware Protection, User Account Control and Internet Security Setting).
These new health checks still operate via the Access Control Service, Trust Zones and The Barracuda Network Access Client.
We will be discontinuing and disabling the Legacy Windows Health Checks on 1st November 2017.
Please note that the Access Control Service, (Windows Security Center) Health Checks and Barracuda Network Access Client will be unaffected. Only the Legacy Windows Health Checks are affected.
If you have any questions or need any help with using the health checks, please contact our support team.
· Access Control Service Health checks via the Windows Security Center Settings require the “Premium Remote Access” or “Basic Remote Access” F-Series subscription.
· Access Control Service Health checks via the Windows Security Center Settings require F-Series 6.2.0 (and higher) and the Barracudas Network Access Client 3.6 (and higher)
· ‘NAC Light’ Health checks via the Windows Security Center Settings (without the Access Control Service) work with all currently supported versions of the Barracuda Network Access Client and F-Series.
· Support for F-Series version 6.0.x will expire June 2017
Relevant Campus Documentation
· Access Control Service: https://campus.barracuda.com/product/nextgenfirewallf/article/NGF70/AccessControl/
· Trustzones (including Health Checks) https://campus.barracuda.com/product/nextgenfirewallf/article/NGF70/AccessControlServiceTrustzones/
· Barracuda Network Access Client https://campus.barracuda.com/product/networkaccessclient/
· Barracuda NAC Light https://campus.barracuda.com/product/networkaccessclient/article/NAC/InstallNACLight/