The firmware release contains several key features.
- Dropbox for Business Web Application Support – Web application control policy to allow or block Dropbox traffic or limit dropbox usage to only company provided dropbox
- Typosquatting Protection – Checks for common typos in a clicked or manually entered URL domain and allows the user to choose the correct url to go to.
- Simplified SSL Inspection – Much easier to enable SSL inspection across all models and different deployments modes (proxy vs Inline) along with support for ECDHE Ciphers and ECDSA keys. Removed restrictions on number of inspected domains.
- Google Directory Service support - for the Barracuda Chromebook Security Extension.
- Temporary Access Token and Time based policy support - for the Barracuda Chrome book security Extension.
- Enhanced Statistics and Dashboard for the Advanced Thread Protection and Typo-squatting dashboard widgets
- Enhanced Application Log – Reports username and Client IP along with the application details.
- Category submmission tool - When submitting a site to Barracuda.com for re-categorization, site is now automatically re-categorized on your appliance
- Security Vulnerability fixes – Several
The release notes for this firmware release can be found at the following link.