How to Manage DHCP box with Control Center

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chad Hicks

Chad Hicks
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:48 AM

I have a remote F10 utilizing DHCP from the ISP.  I'm guessing i can upload this box to our CC without issue, however, how do I setup the VPN tunnel on the GTI editor if the box is DHCP?

#2 Michael Zoller

Michael Zoller
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:02 AM

Just use *Dynamic" for the transport source IP address. This means that a routing lookup is done to determine the correct transport source IP.  If the IP address assigned by the ISP really is dynamic configure the F10 to initiate the VPN tunnel (set it to active).

#3 Chad Hicks

Chad Hicks
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:08 AM

Just use *Dynamic" for the transport source IP address. This means that a routing lookup is done to determine the correct transport source IP.  If the IP address assigned by the ISP really is dynamic configure the F10 to initiate the VPN tunnel (set it to active).

Ok, sounds easy enough.  None of the Forwarding Rules should change correct?  I vaguely remember something from the BTN300 class about App Redirect rules using DHCP for VPN.

#4 Steve Vickers

Steve Vickers
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:23 AM

You only need to do the App Redirect to a loopback address if you want to accept inbound VPN requests on the firewall with a dynamic address. Of course then you also need a Dynamic DNS entry to to update whenever the IP changes.