Photo

Trying to reset the NG F280A to factory default settings

NG F280 factory settings F-Series reset factory default

Best Answer Jonathan Klein, 24 April 2017 - 02:29 PM

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your input. I found out that I needed to wait for the 3-beep acoustic signal a few minutes after the single beep acoustic signal for the NG F280a to reset to factory settings.

This case is closed.

Jonathan

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jonathan Klein

Jonathan Klein
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:41 PM

I have a Barracuda F280A NG Firewall that I am trying to reset to its factory default settings using the instructions on this link:

https://campus.barra...0/FactoryReset/

After following the instructions, and entering 192.168.200.200/root/ngf1r3wall, I am unable to login into the firewall.

What other techniques would I need to do?

Jonathan

#2 Michael Zoller

Michael Zoller
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:05 AM

That is all you need to do. Use the serial console to verify that it is actually booting / installing from the USB stick. and then wait for the two beeps to indicate that the firewall has been reimaged. If this doesn't work for you it would probably be best to contact our technical support, so they can take a look at the content of the USB stick, or the error messages.

#3 Steve Vickers

Steve Vickers
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:16 AM

Another thing to check is that after using the Auto Installation USB stick, the firewall should reboot twice. Once for the firmware reload and the second after detecting the hardware version. Then you should be able to login.

#4 Jonathan Klein

Jonathan Klein
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:29 PM   Best Answer

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your input. I found out that I needed to wait for the 3-beep acoustic signal a few minutes after the single beep acoustic signal for the NG F280a to reset to factory settings.

This case is closed.

Jonathan