LDAPS Alternative

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Brent Ruggles

Brent Ruggles
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:50 AM

I would like to see Barracuda consider to add an application that you could install on your inside Domain Controller that would securely feed the Cloud Archiver Active Directory Information vs. having to setup LDAPS. 

While I understand the Security of LDAP it is a lot of work to setup for only one application Barracuda Cloud Arching.

TIA

#2 Cashmore, Jeff

Cashmore, Jeff
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:18 AM

Even if you have LDAPS set up it appears that you still have to manually add Archiver users individually.  That's not a great solution for larger organizations.

#3 Maxwell Lazaroff

Maxwell Lazaroff
  • Moderators
  • 544 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:35 AM

I'll run these by the dev team, thanks for writing in guys.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff

Barracuda Message Archiver
Technical Delivery Manager

#4 Brent Ruggles

Brent Ruggles
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 02:24 PM

Maxwell,

Any response back from the DEV Team on my request above?

#5 Maxwell Lazaroff

Maxwell Lazaroff
  • Moderators
  • 544 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:41 AM

The developer I need to talk to is on vacation til Monday. I'll let you know then.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff

#6 Maxwell Lazaroff

Maxwell Lazaroff
  • Moderators
  • 544 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 12:21 PM

Sorry for the delay Brent. This is now feature request BNAUTH-1614. You can use that number when you talk to support or sales to get updates. This is technically not an Archiver issue, it's part of our auth platform, so if you want updates definitely call in (I won't be able to provide much help since it's outside my product.)

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff

#7 Andrew Murrell

Andrew Murrell
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 06:44 PM

This needs to be addressed pronto!     I have been beating my head against the keyboard to get AD integration working.   Other vendors you simply load the software on the AD server and configure.   Or at least consider having a proxy virtual appliance handle AD sync. 

#8 Maxwell Lazaroff

Maxwell Lazaroff
  • Moderators
  • 544 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:35 AM

I spoke with the Product Manager for the Barracuda Cloud Control, and he let me know they do not have this currently on the roadmap, as they are looking into better integration with AzureAD and other cloud services.

If you need more information, please try the Cloud Control forums, they might be able to provide you with more information, or trying calling into support or sales:
https://community.ba...liance-control/

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff