• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Oliver Braekow

Oliver Braekow
  • Moderators
  • 162 posts
  • LocationInnsbruck, Austria

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:45 AM

The Barracuda Networks Security team is pleased to announce the availability of the  NextGen Firewall F-Series 7.1  EA  (7.1.0) release.
Some of the release highlights include:

SD-WAN Feature Set:
SD-WAN is a technology deployed at the edge of the network to connect remote, on-premises, and cloud networks easily and cost effectively to form a Wide Area Network (WAN). SD-WAN provides better application availability by reducing or even eliminating the need for expensive MPLS lines by replacing them with multiple cheaper broadband Internet connections. The SD-WAN Traffic Intelligence features enable the F-Series to utilize multiple uplinks for encrypted WAN communication and to apply traffic prioritization, compression, and optimization policies. Routing decisions based on the continuously monitored performance of each WAN connection ensures that the traffic is always using the optimal transport based on business requirements, thereby eliminating the need for manual routing decisions. 

Public Cloud: 
  • NextGen Firewall Auto Scaling Cluster in AWS
  • NextGen Firewall Cold Standby Cluster in AWS
  • Log File Streaming and Custom Metrics for AWS CloudWatch
  • Log File Streaming to Azure OMS

Firewall Usability & Security Features
  • IP Less configuration and management via Named Networks and Wildcard Network Objects
  • Link and Typo Squatting Protection 
  • Deep Inspection of ICS/ SCADA Protocols

Connectivity & Remote Access:

New CudaLaunch 2.3.0  for iOS now uses the TINA VPN protocol and no longer uses the built-in iOS VPN client. CudaLaunch 2.3.0 also added support for multi-factor authentication.

SSL VPN Service:
  • Google Authenticator Support: Google Authenticator provides a way of authenticating by using Time-Based One-Time Passwords (TOPT) generated by an app on a mobile device for iOS and Android.
  • Access Polices: Access control policies with multi-factor authentication and multi-policy authentication provide granular control over access to resources by qualifying users based on groups they belong to, the technology they use, and how they authenticate.

For the full release notes and update instructions please see here

Please Note:
This is an EARLY AVAILABILITY RELEASE.
Full GENERAL AVAILABILITY is expected to be available with release 7.1 GA  (7.1.1) in early in September.

#2 Don

Don
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:58 AM

My barracuda F200 lists this as an available update, but I do not see that model as supported. Is this an error on the update panel?

#3 Oliver Braekow

Oliver Braekow
  • Moderators
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:53 AM

My barracuda F200 lists this as an available update, but I do not see that model as supported. Is this an error on the update panel?

Please do not. Support for older appliance models with 32-bit CPUs will be made available with firmware version 7.1.1.

• Don likes this

#4 Oliver Braekow

Oliver Braekow
  • Moderators
  • 162 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:14 AM

I'd like to mention one more thing that seems to generate an elevated number of support calls:

We've found a minor issue that I'd like to put your attention to

After updating from 7.0.2 to 7.1.0 the MTU is set to 0 for all VLAN interfaces. The MTU must be set manually to 1500, otherwise the firewall will drop the connections with Received Packet Exceeds NIC MTU (Invalid TCP-Segmentation-Offload ?) error message. (BNNGF-47369)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

This is documented in the known issues on Campus and can easily be worked around. A fix for this is inlcuded in 7.1.1 early September.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

/Oliver Braekow

#5 dinhmh

dinhmh
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:47 AM

(After updating from 7.0.2 to 7.1.0 the MTU is set to 0 for all VLAN interfaces. The MTU must be set manually to 1500, otherwise the firewall will drop the connections with Received Packet Exceeds NIC MTU (Invalid TCP-Segmentation-Offload ?) error message.)

I had same problem, and fix by manually to 1500.