VPN active directory domain

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dylanm

dylanm
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:18 PM

We have a few company computers being used by remote users that we'd like to have connected to the company domain.  We currently use the Barracuda VPN client for them to connect which works great but we cannot figure out how to allow the computer to be connected to the domain before login to allow them to authenticate to the domain and for things like Group Policies to work.  At this time users authenticate to the VPN using their active directory credentials but if for some reason the user's cached domain login doesn't work, we need to setup a remote connection so we can login as a local admin and redo their cached login.  I would think there is an easier way.  I'm pretty sure it can be done with the windows IPSEC client but I'm not exactly sure how to get that to work with the Barracuda VPN as I don't see options for the settings.  Plus we'd like to use the Barracuda client if possible.

Any suggestions?

#2 Robert Cabrera

Robert Cabrera
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:30 PM

We use the Barracuda client to provide the prompt for connection at the windows login.  This of course would require that the user has already established an internet connection either via ethernet or established a wireless connection prior to the login or the VPN connection will fail to connect and allow for domain authentication and profile replication. Also dependent on connection quality. Make sure to enable "Use Single Sign-On Provider in the clients Advanced settings.  Also under the Active Directory you may want to probe Active Directory so your clients don't connect if on LAN.  Hope that helps point you in the right direction.