Photo

Different schedules for datasources PER machine?

Datasource Exchange DAG schedules

Best Answer Shawn Lubahn, 05 September 2017 - 01:13 PM

Hi Steve,

You are going to create 2, maybe 3 backup schedules as follows:

1) Create a new schedule. In the selection tree, expand the Exchange Server and check the message-level data source only. Configure your options (start time, repeat, etc). Smart/Complete/Log modes do not apply to message-level data sources.

2) Create a new schedule. In the selection tree, expand the Exchange Server and check the Microsoft Exchange application/database(s) section under the Backup Agent source. OPTIONAL: select the File System and System State if you want the entire server to be protected in the backup. Configure your options (start time, repeat, etc.). Smart/Complete/Log do apply to this section. Smart mode automatically rotates the Exchange database backups between full(complete) and log backups.

3) OPTIONAL: If you didn't select File System and System State in step 2, do it here.

Thanks,

Shawn

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Bottoms

Steve Bottoms
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:02 PM

Hi, all!  Using Backup 790 in an Exchange 2013 DAG environment.

Quick question, I think: I have two datasources configured for my Exchange 2013 server at the main site: one for message-level backups, and one for the database file-level backups (5x disparate databases).  I have an hours Smart schedule defined on that machine for the message-level backups; however, I don't want to perform full file-level backups on the Exchange databases themselves every hour.

I've tried adding a second Source machine for that Exchange server, but since it already exists the Cloud Console won't let me.  Is there any way to accomplish what I need to do?  I can't see any obvious way to define a schedule just for a single datasource on a machine Source.

Thanks!

Steve

#2 Shawn Lubahn

Shawn Lubahn
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 126 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:13 PM   Best Answer

Hi Steve,

You are going to create 2, maybe 3 backup schedules as follows:

1) Create a new schedule. In the selection tree, expand the Exchange Server and check the message-level data source only. Configure your options (start time, repeat, etc). Smart/Complete/Log modes do not apply to message-level data sources.

2) Create a new schedule. In the selection tree, expand the Exchange Server and check the Microsoft Exchange application/database(s) section under the Backup Agent source. OPTIONAL: select the File System and System State if you want the entire server to be protected in the backup. Configure your options (start time, repeat, etc.). Smart/Complete/Log do apply to this section. Smart mode automatically rotates the Exchange database backups between full(complete) and log backups.

3) OPTIONAL: If you didn't select File System and System State in step 2, do it here.

Thanks,

Shawn

#3 Steve Bottoms

Steve Bottoms
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:36 PM

Shawn, thanks for your reply!  It looks like I had to click the "Add A Datasource" link in the LEFT section (with the machine name), because the "Add a datsource" link on the right side (I didn't add one immediately) wasn't giving me the options I was expecting.  I just have to remember to click the one on the left from now on!  Thx!