Photo

Different schedules for datasources PER machine?

Datasource Exchange DAG schedules

Best Answer Shawn Lubahn, 05 September 2017 - 01:13 PM

Hi Steve,

You are going to create 2, maybe 3 backup schedules as follows:

1) Create a new schedule. In the selection tree, expand the Exchange Server and check the message-level data source only. Configure your options (start time, repeat, etc). Smart/Complete/Log modes do not apply to message-level data sources.

2) Create a new schedule. In the selection tree, expand the Exchange Server and check the Microsoft Exchange application/database(s) section under the Backup Agent source. OPTIONAL: select the File System and System State if you want the entire server to be protected in the backup. Configure your options (start time, repeat, etc.). Smart/Complete/Log do apply to this section. Smart mode automatically rotates the Exchange database backups between full(complete) and log backups.

3) OPTIONAL: If you didn't select File System and System State in step 2, do it here.

Thanks,

Shawn

Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Bottoms

Steve Bottoms
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:02 PM

Hi, all!  Using Backup 790 in an Exchange 2013 DAG environment.

Quick question, I think: I have two datasources configured for my Exchange 2013 server at the main site: one for message-level backups, and one for the database file-level backups (5x disparate databases).  I have an hours Smart schedule defined on that machine for the message-level backups; however, I don't want to perform full file-level backups on the Exchange databases themselves every hour.

I've tried adding a second Source machine for that Exchange server, but since it already exists the Cloud Console won't let me.  Is there any way to accomplish what I need to do?  I can't see any obvious way to define a schedule just for a single datasource on a machine Source.

Thanks!

Steve

#2 Shawn Lubahn

Shawn Lubahn
  • Barracuda Team Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:13 PM   Best Answer

Hi Steve,

You are going to create 2, maybe 3 backup schedules as follows:

1) Create a new schedule. In the selection tree, expand the Exchange Server and check the message-level data source only. Configure your options (start time, repeat, etc). Smart/Complete/Log modes do not apply to message-level data sources.

2) Create a new schedule. In the selection tree, expand the Exchange Server and check the Microsoft Exchange application/database(s) section under the Backup Agent source. OPTIONAL: select the File System and System State if you want the entire server to be protected in the backup. Configure your options (start time, repeat, etc.). Smart/Complete/Log do apply to this section. Smart mode automatically rotates the Exchange database backups between full(complete) and log backups.

3) OPTIONAL: If you didn't select File System and System State in step 2, do it here.

Thanks,

Shawn

#3 Steve Bottoms

Steve Bottoms
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:36 PM

Shawn, thanks for your reply!  It looks like I had to click the "Add A Datasource" link in the LEFT section (with the machine name), because the "Add a datsource" link on the right side (I didn't add one immediately) wasn't giving me the options I was expecting.  I just have to remember to click the one on the left from now on!  Thx!