span restore tape

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 John Zajac

John Zajac
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:33 AM

Suppose I am backing up a certain directory, and the backup tape becomes filled up, so I put in another tape.

Then at a later time I wish to restore that directory, so I create a restore job.  If I select that single directory that was backed up, only the first backup tape displays in the lower window.  Both backup tapes should be displayed. 

If I drill down to find the files underneath that directory that were backed up to the second spanned tape and I select that file, then the second tape is displayed in the lower window.

Bottom line:  Whatever directory or directories I select in a restore job, ALL tapes containing files in that directory or directories and all subdirectories should be displayed.

#2 Joe

Joe
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:38 PM

Do you only back to tape? I ask because I do D2D2T, but when I choose tape as the source even thought it spanned 2 tapes when it copied to tape it I have to into my copy rotation media then select all the way down. Like my Monthly 8 would be listed as "Monthly Set 8 - Copy Set 1" but when I click into that set I then see both tapes that it used. So I am just wondering if your clicking all the into the media set. 

#3 John Zajac

John Zajac
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:03 PM

I am using YSB for deep archiving.  I need to keep my cases for ten years, and each case is backed up to an individual tape (or tapes).

So I can't answer your question regarding media rotation because there is no media rotation.

#4 Joe

Joe
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:47 AM

I still think the issue is your filter.  You might be using a different tape for each case, but I would take a look at your filtering and make sure the desired media is added there.