Photo

Cannot import public folders from Exchange 2013

Exchange import public folders

Best Answer Maxwell Lazaroff, 27 September 2017 - 10:09 AM

I just wanted to confirm from management that there is no ETA for 5.2, and there is no workaround we know of unless you can figure out a way to get the mail to a PST and import that. Sorry.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff

Barracuda Message Archiver
Technical Delivery Manager
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Raymond Soffner

Raymond Soffner
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:50 AM

We recently purchased the Message Archiver 350. Journaling is working fine but I get errors when I try to import existing data from our Exchange 2013 public folders. I already contacted the service desk, but they told me that this is solved in version 5.2. The release date of 5.2 however is unknown. Is there a short term solution / workaround.

#2 Maxwell Lazaroff

Maxwell Lazaroff
  • Moderators
  • 560 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:09 AM   Best Answer

I just wanted to confirm from management that there is no ETA for 5.2, and there is no workaround we know of unless you can figure out a way to get the mail to a PST and import that. Sorry.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff

#3 Raymond Soffner

Raymond Soffner
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:16 AM

Hi Maxwlell, I followed your advice and managed to import the public folders via a PST. But now I want to give a group of users access to the imported PST.The same user which had access to the public folder. How do I do that?

Raymond Soffner

#4 Maxwell Lazaroff

Maxwell Lazaroff
  • Moderators
  • 560 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:26 AM

Unfortunately we do not support assigning a PST to a group. You can assign it to a user so it can be browsed on. I'll get a feature request opened up for that, though there's no guarantee or timeframe I would be able to provide until management and engineering check it out.

Sorry for the slow reply, I must've missed the notification.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff