Photo

Cannot import public folders from Exchange 2013

Exchange import public folders

Best Answer Maxwell Lazaroff, 27 September 2017 - 10:09 AM

I just wanted to confirm from management that there is no ETA for 5.2, and there is no workaround we know of unless you can figure out a way to get the mail to a PST and import that. Sorry.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff

Barracuda Message Archiver
Technical Delivery Manager
Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Raymond Soffner

Raymond Soffner
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:50 AM

We recently purchased the Message Archiver 350. Journaling is working fine but I get errors when I try to import existing data from our Exchange 2013 public folders. I already contacted the service desk, but they told me that this is solved in version 5.2. The release date of 5.2 however is unknown. Is there a short term solution / workaround.

#2 Maxwell Lazaroff

Maxwell Lazaroff
  • Moderators
  • 568 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:09 AM   Best Answer

I just wanted to confirm from management that there is no ETA for 5.2, and there is no workaround we know of unless you can figure out a way to get the mail to a PST and import that. Sorry.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff

#3 Raymond Soffner

Raymond Soffner
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:16 AM

Hi Maxwlell, I followed your advice and managed to import the public folders via a PST. But now I want to give a group of users access to the imported PST.The same user which had access to the public folder. How do I do that?

Raymond Soffner

#4 Maxwell Lazaroff

Maxwell Lazaroff
  • Moderators
  • 568 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:26 AM

Unfortunately we do not support assigning a PST to a group. You can assign it to a user so it can be browsed on. I'll get a feature request opened up for that, though there's no guarantee or timeframe I would be able to provide until management and engineering check it out.

Sorry for the slow reply, I must've missed the notification.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff