Photo

Folder explorer view when searching other mailboxes

Folder view Outlook

Best Answer Maxwell Lazaroff, 02 October 2017 - 09:26 AM

On the Search page, under "Tools", there is a "Search As" feature. Try that out. It should do what you're looking for.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff

Barracuda Message Archiver
Technical Delivery Manager
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Todd Smith

Todd Smith
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 02:56 PM

Hello all. New here, but was recently placed in charge of our Barracuda email archivers. I am an administrator on our Barracuda appliance and cloud archiver. I know that when I log into the barracuda using my own account to access emails archived from my Exchange account, I can see a folder hierarchy on the left hand pane, similar to what i would see in Outlook, i.e. Inbox, subfolders,etc. 

But, I need to see the same folder hierarchy for another mailbox, while I am logged in using my Barracuda administrative account. Does this make sense what I am asking, and is it possible, without actually logging into the Barracuda appliance with that mailbox's credentials?

Thanks!

Todd

#2 Maxwell Lazaroff

Maxwell Lazaroff
  • Moderators
  • 561 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:26 AM   Best Answer

On the Search page, under "Tools", there is a "Search As" feature. Try that out. It should do what you're looking for.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff

#3 Todd Smith

Todd Smith
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:13 PM

Thank you, Maxwell. That does work but it only shows a very basic list, but nothing that looks like a user mailbox with subfolders. Are you aware of some other sync option that allows the Barracuda interface to resemble a users outlook mailbox, with subfolders, etc?

#4 Maxwell Lazaroff

Maxwell Lazaroff
  • Moderators
  • 561 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:01 AM

Either the user doesn't use folders or there's an issue with Folder Sync on the Exchange Integration page. Check those out, and if that doesn't work, call support.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff