• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PiotrD

PiotrD
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:33 AM

Hello,
I've got problem with url redirection on Web Application Firewall.
Here's my case:
We have got several subdomains handled by one SSL wildcard certificate (*.mydomain.pl). I've created virtual service on port 443 and configure Instant SSL for subdomain. I've also added redirection service listening on port 80.
The problem is that I want to redirect "subdomain.mydomain.pl" to ssl and "www.subdomain.mydomain.pl" too. The wildcard ssl certificate does handle only second level subdomains. The "www" prefix is third level subdomain and there is certificate warning appears in browser.
I've been trying to use Global ACL to redirect "www.subdomain.mydomain.pl" to "subdomain.mydomain.pl" but it works only after passing ssl warning.
Is there any way to redirect url "www" on WAF before SSL connection is established.

Regards
Piotr

#2 Yann Castells

Yann Castells
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:02 AM

Hi,

In order to work with the wildcard certificate, the domain must be one level below the wildcard certificates domain, in your example subdomain.mydomain.pl would be ok with the SSL-cert, but anything.subdomain.mydomain.pl would not since it would leave the scope of the wildcard cert.

As for redirection, you could create a new service on a different external IP listening on port 80, which would redirect anything.subdomain.mydomain.pl to https://subdomain.mydomain.plvia ACL.

BR Yann