Photo

New cloud email archiver setup, and ldap issues

ldap ad active directory sync

Best Answer Maxwell Lazaroff, 16 April 2019 - 08:42 AM

Hi Bradley,

Please call back into support and ask to be escalated to Jared Harmon or Roxana Tehrani. Those are our senior support technicians. If they can't help you ask to be escalated to our Product Management and Escalations team. Then the case will get to our engineers, who I guarantee can help you.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff

Barracuda Message Archiver
Product Manager

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Todd Smith

Todd Smith
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:27 PM

Hello all,

Im still in the process of trying to get ldap working with our archiver. I'm working with a barracuda engineer, but what he is saying and what my Network and security engineers are saying differ, so I want to see what others think. Since we don't want our ldap host server names exposed externally, I used a nat'd ip address, and created an external dns a-record using that natting, on port 636. I used that as my ldap host name in the ldap setup in the cloud archiver, and the ldap test connection as failing out. Going insane, I tried everything I could think of, and finally realized that it seems to be some sort of timeout issue with the number of items ldap is trying to sync. The reason I believe this, is because when I set up the base DN using the top level (dn=domain,dn=com), the ldap connection test fails out with "An unknown error occurred. Please try again." We CAN see the user account info passing through on the F5. But, as I add lower level (more local) ou's into the DN string, eventually I get "Successfully connected to ldap host". Also, when I look at the groups tab, I can see that my AD security groups are visible.

Here's the second issue. Even after a sync completes, I still cannot log in with an AD authenticated account, even one that I know is in the local OU level.

Anyone seen something like that, and have any clue what else I may need to confirm on our end?

Im sure theres more info needed, so let me know what else I can provide.

Thank you!

Todd

#2 Brent Ruggles

Brent Ruggles
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:00 AM

We are also having issues with LDAP with the Cloud Archiver, does anyone from Tech Support read the Forums? It appears no one at Barracuda is working on this.

Please Help.

Thanks

#3 Maxwell Lazaroff

Maxwell Lazaroff
  • Moderators
  • 564 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 16 October 2018 - 10:43 AM

Hi Brent,

Yes, it's just me on the Archiver forums, sorry I missed your previous submission. I checked out what you wrote, and nothing jumps out at me as obviously wrong. I checked the support case history, and it looks like your issue never got past our front-line support techs. If you could, please call back into support, tell them "Max the TDM asked if this could be escalated to Roxana", and she'll help you out. She's our higher-level support tech. I'll let her know to expect you, and if she can't figure it out we'll get our development / escalations team mobilized to take a look at it.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff

Technical Delivery Manager

#4 Bradley Riedell

Bradley Riedell
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 03:14 PM

I continue to get strung along by support. One tech said he would look into my issues and then the next day sent an email asking if I still need assistance...About to scrap this whole project get a refund and find another vendor that knows how to support the customers that are the reason their doors are open rather than just BSing.

#5 Maxwell Lazaroff

Maxwell Lazaroff
  • Moderators
  • 564 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan

Posted 16 April 2019 - 08:42 AM   Best Answer

Hi Bradley,

Please call back into support and ask to be escalated to Jared Harmon or Roxana Tehrani. Those are our senior support technicians. If they can't help you ask to be escalated to our Product Management and Escalations team. Then the case will get to our engineers, who I guarantee can help you.

Thanks,
Maxwell Lazaroff

Product Manager