Photo

Fix message log search to actually return results (BNSF-26507)

search known bug

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jaybone

Jaybone
  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:21 PM

BNSF-26507 - search only returns a partial list of results.  Straight-up broken.

This has been open for over a year.  Of course, there have only been two firmware releases in that time...

Is there a timeline for a fix?

Trying to investigate a someone sending 2300 emails on a specific day, but the message log search only returns two dozen hits. 

#2 Jaybone

Jaybone
  • Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 09:36 AM

This is still a problem.

Searching against a word that I *know* appeared in an email that came in yesterday around 3AM is returning two dozen hits, and none of those hits are that message or the other similar crap that probably came in around the same time, and the oldest hit timestamped at 2pm.

#3 Doug Brooks

Doug Brooks
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 09:48 AM

Message search used be to an effective tool for me but the results (or lack of) are so poor now, that the product is no longer meeting my needs.  If message search can't be improved, I will need to look for a different product.

The response that I receive when I place a support call is that it is responding the way that engineering designed it.  That response is completely ridiculous however.  Why provide users with a search tool that doesn't provide accurate results.

I need to know if engineering is working on fixing this issue.  If not, that will make up my mind on how to proceed.  I've always been a huge proponent of Barracuda and was planning to purchase Sentinel but now I'm not so sure.

#4 Orion Diehl

Orion Diehl
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 10:00 AM

In my old job it worked well yet, it was a small company at the most around 20,000 emails in 24 hours. With my new job 200,000 day it doesn't work well. Me and my coworker did some testing some things to know:

Time filter searches start from the end and go to start.  Example: Want emails from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM It will get all the 12:00PM emails first.  If you add time with any other filter will start looking at 12:00 PM and go back.

There is some time limit or message limit that has been placed on the search. It seems now like 4 min at the most or message limit. I don't think it used to have this as I had my barracuda search before for a good 10 min or more or just "hose up" I think if I waited it would give me the results I wanted. My co-worker also contacted support and said that we needed to be more exact in our message searching. But when you are looking for a subject because it is phishing users.