The CloudGen Firewall product team is pleased to announce availability of the Barracuda Windows Network Access Client 5.0
5.0 offers a completely new UI for an improved user experience and much easier end user support.
Full details are in the Release Notes. As always, it is highly recommended that you read the Release Notes and Migration Instructions.
What's New with the Barracuda Network Access Client 5.0
- RVPN command line utility has been removed and fully replaced by the PowerShell Management Console. (BNNGF-52513)
- NAC Client's user interface has been redesigned and improved. (BNNGF-37891, BNNGF-44904, BNNGF-44905, BNNGF-37891)
- VPN Client's user interface and coding has been improved. (BNNGF-51080, BNNGF-50686)
- Health Agent user interface and settings have been redesigned and improved. (BNNGF50852, BNNGF-51052, BNNGF-51028, BNNGF-51325)
- Certificate selection does now support eToken and Smartcard. (BNNGF-36622)
- Active Directory Probing is now using an enhanced check based on reported LDAP capabilities (BNNGF-51650)
Improvements Included with the Barracuda Network Access Client 5.0
- Windows Toast Notifications have been implemented for better Windows 10 integration. (BNNGF-28216)
- "Always trust server certificate" option has been implemented. (BNNGF-50301)
- Logging feature has been improved. (BNNGF-49037, BNNGF-50697, BNNGF-50847, BNNGF-50848, BNNGF-51966, BNNGF-52295)
- Major backend refactoring and cleanup was performed. (BNNGF-44410)
This is a 5.0 ‘Feature Release’ containing several architectural changes. Before starting a production roll-out, please consider whether a ‘Maintenance Release’ or a ‘Feature Release’ is the best version for your requirements balanced against risk. We always recommend that you test the client in your own environment and then do a staged iterative roll-out to in order to quickly identify any issues running the client in your specific environment.